Forum

Author Topic: Split in Chunks script failed in merging back the chunks. Cameras disappeared  (Read 1884 times)

matteosin

• View Profile
Hi all,

I have aligned a chunk of 3068 cameras and then I have decided to run the script "split in blocks" to generate dense point cloud.

I split it in 9 blocks. The dense point cloud has been generated for each chunk but in the workspace the cameras are disappeared from the splitted chunks (see attachment).

I took me 4days to finish to build the dense point cloud and seems like i can't generate DEM and Orthophotos (even though I can see the Dense Point Cloud for each chunk)

Any help?

Alexey Pasumansky

• Agisoft Technical Support
    • View Profile
Hello matteosin,

Which options have you used in the script?

I think you can generate the DEM using Extrapolated option even without cameras. Then each DEM can be imported to the source chunk (you can keep multiple instances of the same kind in the chunk, if the option "Set As Default" is unchecked in the context menu for all the instances of the same kind in the Workspace pane before the new instance is imported or generated.
Thus in the original chunk you can keep all the smaller DEMs and generate the orthomosaic for each one of them.

At least that's a workaround for your case.
Also you can try to merge all the chunks (source with the cameras and duplicated with the dense clouds) and then generate the complete DEM and orthomosaic already in the merged chunk.
Best regards,
Alexey Pasumansky,
Agisoft LLC

matteosin

• View Profile
Hi Alex

Thank you for your quick reply. I am in panic.

In the split chunks script I have used high quality dense point cloud generation (actually for mistake because I wanted to use medium) and aggressive filter.

I have tried to generate the dem from one of the splitted chunks but is blank. You mean that if I import this dem in the source chunk should turn ok?

Alexey Pasumansky

• View Profile
Hello matteosin,

Try to use Extrapolated option when generating DEM in the duplicated chunk. Does it produce valid result?
Best regards,
Alexey Pasumansky,
Agisoft LLC

matteosin

• View Profile
Hi Alexey

What are these extrapolated options you talking about? I am a new user of this software sorry to bother you

Alexey Pasumansky

• View Profile
Hello matteosin,

In the Build DEM dialog there's Interpolation field that has "Enabled" option by default. Can you please try to switch it to Extrapolated and check if after that DEM appears with the correct information.
Best regards,
Alexey Pasumansky,
Agisoft LLC

matteosin

• View Profile
Yes it works.

So now what should I do?

Export the dem for each chunk and then import it to the source chunk?

Alexey Pasumansky

• View Profile
Hello matteosin,

If you need to get the orthomosaics for each block you can do the following:
- in Batch Process mode generate DEM for each duplicated chunk and export to the disk (you can use {chunklabel} macros in the export path filed in order to save the files under different names),
- then one by one do the following:
-- import DEM to the source chunk,
-- build orthomosaic,
-- export orthomosiac,
-- right-click on DEM in the chunk's contents and uncheck "set as default" option, do the same for the orthomosaic,
-- repeat import DEM and orthomosaic generation for each file.
Best regards,
Alexey Pasumansky,
Agisoft LLC