Forum

Author Topic: How to change the Z axis over a non-referenced model?  (Read 2447 times)

ronativ

• View Profile
How to change the Z axis over a non-referenced model?
« on: December 06, 2018, 12:12:54 PM »
Hi All,

I have used a DJI Phantom 4 to take around 200 images of a ~ 100 meters river bed segment.

I had no GPS signal inside the river gorge where the drone was taking pictures, an so my model is not geo-referenced.

I executed dense cloud and the model looks great. However, the Z axis is rotated such that a DEM, a Mesh or an Orthomosaic models are being created from unwanted perspective.

How can I change the Z axis to match the map view of the river?

Please see the attached screenshot of the model (note the Z axis in respect to the river bed).

Thanks,
Ron

Alexey Pasumansky

• Agisoft Technical Support
    • View Profile
Re: How to change the Z axis over a non-referenced model?
« Reply #1 on: December 06, 2018, 02:34:20 PM »
Hello Ron,

According to the screenshot your model is referenced (see [R] mark next to the chunk's label in the Workspace pane).

If you wish to discard the coordinate information for the camera locations in the Reference pane then please follow these steps:
- select all cameras in the Reference pane,
- right-click on selection and choose "Clear -> All" option from the context menu,
- open Reference pane settings dialog and switch the coordinate system to "Local Coordinates",
- in the Workspace pane right-click on the chunk's label and choose "Reset Transform" option from the context menu,
- use Rotate Object tool (located on toolbar) to adjust the model orientation according to the coordinate system axis in the bottom-right corner of the Model view.
Best regards,
Alexey Pasumansky,
Agisoft LLC

ronativ

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: December 06, 2018, 06:34:27 PM »
Dear Alexey,

Many thanks, this now works.

However, now I cannot generate a DEM.

Is there any way to overcome this limitation? I.E., producing referenced model (or a DEM) from non-geo-referenced overlapping images?

Thanks,
Ron

Alexey Pasumansky

• Agisoft Technical Support
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: December 07, 2018, 11:23:37 AM »
Hello Ron,

You can use "Scale Object" tool ro apply arbitrary scale to the object or create a few scale-bars to apply real world scale to the object. After the scale is applied by any of these approaches you'll be able to generate DEM.
Best regards,
Alexey Pasumansky,
Agisoft LLC