Forum

Author Topic: Why can't I see model after Photo Aignment?  (Read 2667 times)

ronativ

• View Profile
Why can't I see model after Photo Aignment?
« on: December 09, 2018, 12:52:31 PM »
Dear all,

I used a DJI Phantom 4 Pro (camera resolution: 20 Mega Pixels) to picture a river bed. The flight elevation over the river was about 20 meters and I have around 1100 referenced continuous pictures.

After finishing photo alignment, I barely can see the model result (see screenshot attached). The bounding box is missing and when I zoom in and out the distant cloud of points does not seem any clearer.

I also used 'reset view' button and the 'refresh' button in the reference pane, but these did not work.

Any ideas about that?

Thanks,
Ron

Alexey Pasumansky

• Agisoft Technical Support
    • View Profile
Re: Why can't I see model after Photo Aignment?
« Reply #1 on: December 10, 2018, 12:55:20 AM »
Hello Ron,

Which coordinate system is set for the chunk in the Reference pane settings dialog?

Does it help, if select two not aligned cameras in the Reference pane, right-click on selection and choose Clear option to remove the coordinate information for them and then press Update button on the Reference pane toolbar?
Best regards,
Alexey Pasumansky,
Agisoft LLC

ronativ

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: December 12, 2018, 11:58:48 AM »
Hi Alexey,

Yes, this solved the problem.

Thanks!
Ron

Robert Dzur

• View Profile
« Reply #3 on: April 07, 2019, 05:32:28 AM »
I am also running into this issue on a small project of 92 photos where I can run an alignment and the model view reports there are 322,111 points; all the photos are aligned so the suggested approach doesn't really do anything in my case.  Is there any other option to be able to see the tie point results and the region?  This project is in EPSG:6342 coordinates.

Thanks,
Rob

Robert Dzur

• View Profile
« Reply #4 on: April 07, 2019, 05:37:09 AM »
By the way in reviewing the processing log get an error:  Error: Vertical datum out of range, however, I have the geoid 12b geoid in the geoid folder so I'm not sure why this is reporting an error.

Robert Dzur

• View Profile
« Reply #5 on: April 07, 2019, 05:59:07 AM »
I also tried downloading the latest 12b "tiff" and that still does not appear to help in this situation.

Alexey Pasumansky

• View Profile
« Reply #6 on: April 07, 2019, 12:56:32 PM »
Hello Robert,

Please send the project file (in PSZ format) to support@agisoft.com with the alignment results (cameras, markers, tie points), so that we could reproduce the project on the project open.
Best regards,
Alexey Pasumansky,
Agisoft LLC

Alexey Pasumansky

• View Profile
« Reply #7 on: April 07, 2019, 05:05:08 PM »
Hello Robert,

Thank you for sending the project file. However, are you sure that the selected UTM zone is selected correctly for the coordinates used?

As an additional comment I can suggest to skip loading accuracy values for XYZ and OPK, as they seem to be not related to the actual accuracy (some values are negative).
« Last Edit: April 08, 2019, 09:48:59 PM by Alexey Pasumansky »
Best regards,
Alexey Pasumansky,
Agisoft LLC