Forum

Author Topic: Image display quality  (Read 1448 times)

CCK

• View Profile
Image display quality
« on: December 10, 2018, 04:49:55 PM »
Hi all,

I'm currently processing a series of models and have noticed my textures aren't looking as sharp as I would expect them to be.

My source images are jpgs and the originals are all sharp, however, I've noticed that when I double click on the thumbnails within PhotoScan to open them up the quality looks lower than it should. There's more noise or grain than in the original photos.

Is this just how PhotoScan displays images within the software, or could this be this be the source of my texture problems?

Thanks!

CCK

• View Profile
Image display quality
« Reply #1 on: December 10, 2018, 04:51:46 PM »
Hi all,

I'm currently processing a series of models and have noticed my textures aren't looking as sharp as I would expect them to be.

My source images are jpgs and the originals are all sharp, however, I've noticed that when I double click on the thumbnails within PhotoScan to open them up the quality looks lower than it should. There's more noise or grain than in the original photos.

Is this just how PhotoScan displays images within the software, or could this be this be the source of my texture problems?

Thanks!

SB

• View Profile
Re: Image display quality
« Reply #2 on: December 12, 2018, 04:28:27 PM »
I noticed this too after I upgraded to the latest version 1.4.4

Mostly it happens when I view the 47MP photos taken with my Nikon D850.  It doesn't do this with the 12MP photos from my DJI Inspire.

IIt does appear to extract the points from the photos correctly, though.

SB