Forum

Author Topic: Problems aligning photos  (Read 4185 times)

vcc

• View Profile
Problems aligning photos
« on: December 13, 2018, 01:28:08 AM »
I am having trouble aligning photos from a uav flight, DJI Matrice 600 zenmuse x5 with a olympus m.zuiko digital 25mm. Here are some screenshots, this is a new camera and set up for us and I have had trouble with all of the projects we have flown with this camera. 

I have uploaded the data set to dronedeploy and it was processed without any trouble and the reports regarding the images were excellent

Any ideas or settings I can try, I am just using the default alignment settings so far.

Alexey Pasumansky

• Agisoft Technical Support
    • View Profile
Re: Problems aligning photos
« Reply #1 on: December 13, 2018, 08:58:32 PM »
Hello vcc,

I can suggest the following:

After adding all the images from two cameras/flights to the same chunk, please uncheck all the cameras in the Reference pane and start the Align Photos operation using Generic preselection only (uncheck Reference preselection option).
Best regards,
Alexey Pasumansky,
Agisoft LLC

vcc

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: December 14, 2018, 02:21:39 AM »
Hi Alexey,

All the photos were taken in one flight and added in the same chunk and processed together - I have reprocessed with Generic pre selection only and it is the same result (screenshot attached) .

I used 1.5 metashape and also the cloud processing option if that helps you fault find.

Thanks
« Last Edit: December 14, 2018, 02:23:30 AM by vcc »

Alexey Pasumansky

• View Profile
« Reply #3 on: December 14, 2018, 03:49:24 PM »
Hello vcc,

Can you please then re-save the latest project in PSZ format and send it to support@agisoft.com?
Best regards,
Alexey Pasumansky,
Agisoft LLC

vcc

• View Profile
« Reply #4 on: December 15, 2018, 01:48:30 AM »
email sent, thanks

Alexey Pasumansky

• View Profile
« Reply #5 on: December 16, 2018, 05:11:01 PM »
Hello vcc,

Thank you for providing the project file.
The issue seems to be related to the inaccurate camera interior orientation parameters estimation. Which is likely caused by the mission plan that doesn't include 180-degree rotation of the camera on the neighboring flight lines.

I've tried to re-align the cameras after enabling Fix Calibration flag and the were no splitting of the areas in the result, however, the bowl effect could be still observed. The optimization in the version 1.5.0 enabling photo-invariant calibration parameters, however, seems to fix the problem. I have sent the final project to you via e-mail.
Best regards,
Alexey Pasumansky,
Agisoft LLC