Forum

Author Topic: Export to "KML" but really KMZ  (Read 7691 times)

bmcwilliams

• View Profile
Export to "KML" but really KMZ
« on: March 01, 2013, 09:50:14 PM »
Have anyone solved this:

I'm using version 0.9.1 and referencing the 0.9.1 API documentation with no success.

myChunk.exportOrthophoto(pathKML,format="kml",blending="mosaic", dx=2048, dy=2048, blockw=2048, blockh=2048, write_kml=True, write_world=False)

I just want to write it to a KMZ just like in the GUI interface, even though they reference it as "KML". Each time I do it, the command line returns "Mosaic size: 0x0"

The same error exists for exporting to dem. The only export feature I can get to work is the point cloud export.

bmcwilliams

• View Profile
Re: Export to "KML" but really KMZ
« Reply #1 on: March 01, 2013, 11:41:09 PM »
****** UPDATE *******

I've also tried using PhotoScan.Model.save(pathKMZ, format="kmz", texture_format="tif", export_texture=True, export_normals=False, export_cameras=False)

The error here is: " AttributeError: 'PhotoScan.Model' object has no attribute 'save' "

Alexey Pasumansky

• Agisoft Technical Support
    • View Profile
Re: Export to "KML" but really KMZ
« Reply #2 on: March 05, 2013, 01:21:26 PM »
Hello bmcwilliams,

To export orthophoto in KML/KMZ you need to write the following:
Code: [Select]
myChunk.exportOrthophoto(pathKMZ, format="kmz", blending="mosaic", dx=0.01, dy=0.01,
 blockw=2048, blockh=2048, write_kml=True, write_world=False)
So the first thing is to change export format argument to  "kmz" and another - to specify the export resolution. For projected coordinate systems it is in meters and for WGS84 - in degrees. 2048 - was too high.

And as for the model export you should use the following:
Code: [Select]
myChunk.model.save(pathKMZ, format="kmz", texture_format="png", export_texture=True,
export_normals=False, export_cameras=False)

But please update PhotoScan Pro 0.9.1 to the latest build (1640). Please also note that tif texture export is not supported for KMZ, thus please use jpg or png format.
Best regards,
Alexey Pasumansky,
Agisoft LLC