Agisoft Metashape > Feature Requests

Photoscan Professional "Artist" Edition

(1/13) > >>

Marcel:
In one of the threads in the general forum we discussed a Professional "Artist" Edition of Photoscan. I want to put it here to see if more users agree.

A lot of us artists would love to use the phyton scripting and "Optimize Alignment" tools in the Professional edition, but we cannot justify the 3400$ pricetag for just these 2 features.

I think a lot of artists would be more than happy to pay (for example) 750$ for a version of Photoscan Professional that is stripped of all the aerial photography features that we never need (DEMs, Georeferencing, Multispectral imagery processing, etc).

Alexey Pasumansky:
Hello marcel,

We've seen the suggestion in that topic. Is Optimization feature the only needed from Pro edition?

Marcel:
Hi Alexey,

I think most users would be interested in:

- Optimize Alignment
- phyton scripting
- markers (for automatically scaling and orienting a model)

But I don't have a Professional license myself, so I would not know for sure what other Pro features might be helpful for artists.

(I've mentioned this before, but in my opinion Optimize Alignment should included in the Regular version of Photoscan as well, because an accurate alignment is the basis of a good scan.).

carbon:
please, please, do this option. i would appreciate this kind of upgrade, since this is be exactly how i currently use photoscan, creating art works. all three functions marcel mentioned..
thanks. c.

Exhale:
+1         - phyton scripting

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version