Forum

Author Topic: Photoscan Professional "Artist" Edition  (Read 40674 times)

Kiesel

• View Profile
Re: Photoscan Professional "Artist" Edition
« Reply #45 on: November 07, 2014, 08:55:24 PM »
After a little searching I have found it now under "tools".
Great! Thank you Dmitiri (the main man in the background), Alexey and all others from Agisoft team! :D
« Last Edit: November 08, 2014, 04:46:07 PM by Kiesel »

Alexey Pasumansky

• Agisoft Technical Support
    • View Profile
« Reply #46 on: November 10, 2014, 01:16:53 PM »
Hello Kiesel,

In Standard edition it is now accessible from Tools menu and also from the Workspace pane context menu after right-clicking on chunks' label in the Process sub-menu. In Professional edition in addition to these option Optimize button also remain in the Reference (former Ground Control) pane.
Best regards,
Alexey Pasumansky,
Agisoft LLC

Kiesel

• View Profile
« Reply #47 on: November 11, 2014, 05:46:19 PM »
Thank you again Alexey, I was indeed looking for an "Optimize Button" before I found it in the "Tools Menu".
Tiny suggestion:  Could there please a little warning if a point cloud or/and mesh exists that the optimizing will erase both?

Karsten

Ron Kapaun

• View Profile
« Reply #48 on: November 27, 2014, 04:19:33 AM »
    (Nov 14) Honestly, I would just be thrilled to not have to 'flip/re-orientate'  my models every time! ( I am new here so I am sorry in advance if I have not located the solution to this problem yet.)

Ron

munch

• View Profile
« Reply #49 on: December 09, 2014, 04:33:17 PM »
Where do i find the downloadlink for Agisoft Standard v1.1 build 1985 ?

I want to test the new implemented optimize camera alignment!!!

Thank you for this feature Agisoft!

best regards
munch

Alexey Pasumansky

• Agisoft Technical Support
    • View Profile
« Reply #50 on: December 09, 2014, 04:53:32 PM »
Hello Munch,

Pre-release thread is in General section: http://www.agisoft.com/forum/index.php?topic=2883.0.
It is build 1998 already.
Best regards,
Alexey Pasumansky,
Agisoft LLC

munch

• View Profile
« Reply #51 on: December 09, 2014, 04:59:46 PM »
downloading... :)

Thank you!!!

GrinGEO

• View Profile
« Reply #52 on: August 23, 2017, 12:40:04 PM »
I would be happy if standard version would have the GPS Georef Option activated... that would be great to use Standard for first processing in the field bevor switching over to the Agisoft Pro, wich we already own

StevenKelly

• View Profile
« Reply #53 on: August 25, 2017, 05:25:07 AM »
In one of the threads in the general forum we discussed a Professional "Artist" Edition of Photoscan. I want to put it here to see if more users agree.

A lot of us artists would love to use the phyton scripting and "Optimize Alignment" tools in the Professional edition, but we cannot justify the 3400$ pricetag for just these 2 features.

I think a lot of artists would be more than happy to pay (for example) 750$ for a version of Photoscan Professional that is stripped of all the aerial photography features that we never need (DEMs, Georeferencing, Multispectral imagery processing, etc).
I will try with this later. :o :o :o

holgar

• View Profile
« Reply #54 on: November 29, 2017, 12:11:02 PM »
This is a really good Idea and I would pay happily 700-900$ for an Artist Version. The Current price gap between Standard and Pro is much to high. A very important feature for the Artist Version would also be delighting. That feature I would pay alone a couple hundreds $.
I can just not justify the Pro Version as I use Agisoft not as Frequent as a proffesional Geo meassurement company or so. As a 3D Artist or Studio you need Photogrammetry from time to time but not Daily. An Artist Version with the Features aimed only for 3D Asset creation is highly demanded.

Chris_321

• View Profile
« Reply #55 on: December 03, 2017, 10:21:59 PM »
Agreed

cbnewham

• View Profile
« Reply #56 on: January 03, 2018, 12:47:51 PM »
I think this is a great idea. I have no use for any of the UAV features because I'm only interested in modeling architecture and sculpture. I'd also like to see the new de-lighting feature added. I certainly can't afford the pro version of PS as it currently stands, as much as I think it is a fantastic product.

buffaloe

« Reply #57 on: March 23, 2018, 03:26:08 AM »
I just downloaded and tested out the Pro version for the new delighting feature and would love to see this added to an in between version.  Standard is incredibly affordable but the $3k pricetag on the pro version is a tough sell for one feature :) 

yoli

• View Profile
« Reply #58 on: March 27, 2018, 09:32:04 AM »
Hey, so I am also in favor of an intermediate version, targeted to artists/game devs, the price gap between the two existing versions is so considerable. Basically we need to be able to create game assets with all the tools it takes. We don't care about DEM and super advanced features, but things like markers are definitely needed and probably a few others.

dobermunk

• View Profile
« Reply #59 on: March 31, 2018, 12:57:21 PM »
- Optimize Alignment
- phyton scripting
- markers (for automatically scaling and orienting a model)

and delighting

For me, hands down the most necessary feature (else I go to unity or wait for CapturingReality to implement it)
Optimize Alignment and markers also of interest, but not so critical for my purposes.
If the question is, would I be willing to pay more, I definitely would, though I would hope for more moderate increase - ie. ~ 300.