Forum

Author Topic: Photoscan detects only 2 Cams of 12 !  (Read 5673 times)

• View Profile
Photoscan detects only 2 Cams of 12 !
« on: April 22, 2014, 09:23:25 PM »
What are the most important things you need to consider when scanning? I tried a few hours with one object and used 12 cameras for a simple face to scan. But Photoscan detects only 2, sometimes 5 cameras. :-(

meshmaster

• View Profile
Re: Photoscan detects only 2 Cams of 12 !
« Reply #1 on: April 22, 2014, 10:16:42 PM »
What are the most important things you need to consider when scanning? I tried a few hours with one object and used 12 cameras for a simple face to scan. But Photoscan detects only 2, sometimes 5 cameras. :-(

Pin sharp focus in all photos - shallow depth of field is your enemy!!!
No movement by subject - your subject should be dead still.
Good even diffuse lighting.
A substantial amount of "overlap" in each image taken (essential)
A subject with good surface texture and features... not just smooth and shiny (smooth & shiny objects are bad).
Cameras placed neither too close together nor too far apart.

Hope this helps.

Cheers

« Last Edit: April 22, 2014, 10:23:49 PM by meshmaster »

Lambo

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: April 23, 2014, 12:03:02 AM »
And for the part of not connecting, make sure you use GOOD quality cables, that makes a huge difference. Try not to use cables that are too long, specially if you are using USB2. Try to use USB3 if possible.
If USB3 is not possible, then you can get some powered hubs for long cables like these ones that I use:
http://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B0006TIA8Y/ref=oh_details_o01_s00_i00?ie=UTF8&psc=1
http://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B003Z4G3I6/ref=oh_details_o06_s01_i00?ie=UTF8&psc=1
You can go from the cameras to these hubs (that are plugged to the wall)  and then from there to the computer.
Leo

Magnus

• View Profile
« Reply #3 on: April 23, 2014, 01:48:18 AM »
Hello!

360, can you describe a bit about how you have the cameras and lights set up? Maybe a screencap from PS? What type of cameras are they?

Best, Magnus.

• View Profile
« Reply #4 on: April 24, 2014, 10:28:54 PM »
Hi, thanks for reply. The cams are now working, I have a too large distance between them. And the camera calibration was wrong, but now its working.