Forum

Author Topic: how do you limit reprojection error and reconstruction uncertainty  (Read 6180 times)

jeremyeastwood

• View Profile
I want to improve the quality of my orthomosaic stitch results and think this can be done by limiting reprojection error and reconstruction uncertainty.

I think using chunk.buildPoints(error=X) after my chunk.buildDenseCloud() stage limits the reprojection error (although what would be a sensible value for X?), however I can't find a way to set the reconstruction uncertainty - any suggestions?

Thanks

Alexey Pasumansky

• Agisoft Technical Support
    • View Profile
Re: how do you limit reprojection error and reconstruction uncertainty
« Reply #1 on: July 24, 2014, 02:24:33 PM »
Hello jeremyeastwood,

Unfortunately, there's no easy and straightforward way for reconstruction uncertainty computation via Python, as it requires eigenvalues calculation.
Best regards,
Alexey Pasumansky,
Agisoft LLC

jeremyeastwood

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: July 24, 2014, 07:45:16 PM »
hi alexey, thanks for your reply.  my current workflow now contains:

chunk.alignPhotos()
    chunk.buildPoints(error=1)
    chunk.buildDenseCloud(quality='high')
    chunk.buildModel(surface='height field', faces='high')
    chunk.model.fixTopology()
    chunk.buildPoints(error=1)
    chunk.buildTexture(blending='mosaic')

then export - wasn't sure where to put the chunk.buildPoints(error=1) so I put it in twice.  does the workflow look reasonable to you / what would you change to improve the stitch quality? also is error=1 reasonable?

thanks

jeremyeastwood

• View Profile
« Reply #3 on: July 25, 2014, 08:28:55 PM »
Hi Alexey,

I've found that reconstruction uncertainty is the only way to really improve my stitch, so would really like to implement this in my workflow.  Ideally I just need the commands equivalent to clicking edit>gradual selection>reconstruction uncertainty, and setting the limit to be X(=20), then removing those selected points.  If this can't be done directly in the same way as for reprojection error, then could you give some details on how to implement this myself in python?  Doesn't matter if it's slow / complicated due to the eigenvalue calculations, I'm happy to implement it myself then post details on the outcome.

Thanks

bigben

• View Profile
« Reply #4 on: September 21, 2014, 05:20:38 AM »
This seemed to be the most relevant search result I found...  I'm beginning to look at scripting workflows and this is one that I'd really be interested in as well (gradual selection of sparse point cloud and deleting selected points).

mcstieg

• View Profile
« Reply #5 on: September 02, 2016, 11:57:14 PM »
This seemed to be the most relevant search result I found...  I'm beginning to look at scripting workflows and this is one that I'd really be interested in as well (gradual selection of sparse point cloud and deleting selected points).

That's exactly what I need. Is there a solution?