Forum

Author Topic: Agisoft PhotoScan 1.1.0 pre-release  (Read 177329 times)

Alexey Pasumansky

• Agisoft Technical Support
    • View Profile
Re: Agisoft PhotoScan 1.1.0 pre-release
« Reply #15 on: September 22, 2014, 08:45:29 PM »
Hello Jed,

We have discounts for multi-license packs starting from three licenses. You can check the prices in FastSpring online shop or contact our sales department for detailed information.

We'll consider the possibility of headless node licenses in future.
Best regards,
Alexey Pasumansky,
Agisoft LLC

bigben

• View Profile
« Reply #16 on: September 23, 2014, 03:59:36 AM »
I'd be interested in any recommendations for optimising performance on VMs using network processing and what the optimum combination of CPU/GPU would be for individual nodes.

e.g. At the moment the machine that hosts my VM has 32/16 (CPU/GPU cores). Would it be better to have 8 x 4/2 or 4 x 8/4 (or even 16 x 2/1) 

It may be better for our uni to provide a central pool of processing nodes rather than providing individuals with beefy VMs (?)

James

• View Profile
« Reply #17 on: September 23, 2014, 05:08:38 PM »
Alexey, im get problem with selecting images -im have pressed the CTRL key and clicking on images that want disable, but afther not same period of time the selection is lost, and im must start from begining to select images. mostly can set upto 3-10 images then it lost selection. have tested to change Keyeboard, mouse, try on another 2 PCs but same problem. And its not just this version... Haveo thers same problem  too ??
Hello Wishgranter,
Do these problems appear in Photos pane? If yes, then it is connected to the mouse-click during the mouse movement. In this case PhotoScan starts multiple selection and resets the previously selected files.

I thought this ^ was subsequently fixed, but now seems to be an issue again with 1.1.0.

I'm giddy in love with the new fisheye lens support though!

Alexey Pasumansky

• View Profile
« Reply #18 on: September 23, 2014, 05:13:31 PM »
Hello James,

Do you think adding selection while holding Ctrl key should also support multiple selection?
Best regards,
Alexey Pasumansky,
Agisoft LLC

hengefjes

• View Profile
« Reply #19 on: September 23, 2014, 05:38:16 PM »
I can't export tiles for use with the viewer. The viewer can't open exported .oc3 files either. Also the Export Panorama function is grey(disabled?). Are there any special conditions that have to be met to use these tools?

Alexey Pasumansky

• View Profile
« Reply #20 on: September 23, 2014, 05:50:15 PM »
Hello hengefjes,

OC3 export works only for dense point cloud. Tile export is also based on dense point cloud and would not work if it is missing in the active chunk.

And brief tutorial regarding panorama export is attached.
Best regards,
Alexey Pasumansky,
Agisoft LLC

hengefjes

• View Profile
« Reply #21 on: September 23, 2014, 06:15:21 PM »
Hello hengefjes,

OC3 export works only for dense point cloud. Tile export is also based on dense point cloud and would not work if it is missing in the active chunk.
"Export tiles" lets me choose some options for the export. -> Enter name and location -> A box which says "Processing in progress" shows briefly - then it just says: "Can't export model". Dense point cloud in active chunk is there, - not missing. - Will check out that panorama tutorial :)
Thank you for the quick replies!

Alexey Pasumansky

• View Profile
« Reply #22 on: September 23, 2014, 06:20:41 PM »
Hello hengefjes,

And what is the output in the Console pane related to the tile export? In the export tiles dialog you need to specify export resolution, so the model should be properly referenced to fit these units.
Best regards,
Alexey Pasumansky,
Agisoft LLC

James

• View Profile
« Reply #23 on: September 23, 2014, 06:54:58 PM »
Hello James,
Do you think adding selection while holding Ctrl key should also support multiple selection?

I did enjoy being able to hold CTRL while dragging a single selection over distinct groups of multiple photos. I haven't tried out the new grouping functions of 1.1.0 yet though, which may negate the need for it in most cases.

ThomasVD

• View Profile
« Reply #24 on: September 23, 2014, 10:06:29 PM »
What exactly does the "Tie-Point limit" feature do? What does the default value of 1000 mean? And if you enter 0 (= infinite?) does this act the same as the previous version of PhotoScan?

hengefjes

• View Profile
« Reply #25 on: September 24, 2014, 10:39:19 AM »
Hello hengefjes,

And what is the output in the Console pane related to the tile export? In the export tiles dialog you need to specify export resolution, so the model should be properly referenced to fit these units.
Here's the console output:
Finished processing in 0 sec (exit code 1)
grid: 9x7x3 (5 levels)
Preprocessing images...
preprocessing images... done in 0.697 sec
Finished processing in 0.698 sec (exit code 0)
>>>

Patribus

• View Profile
« Reply #26 on: September 24, 2014, 11:39:27 AM »
Hello,

I was quite excited to see, that PS offers a panorama output now, since I work professionaly with aerial panoramas. 

Here some examples:
http://glauchau.aerorama.net/
http://lvps176-28-21-156.dedicated.hosteurope.de/demos/elsilencio-pano1/
http://lvps176-28-21-156.dedicated.hosteurope.de/fv_panoramas/OurPiece_JBP_lbpano1/

I always thought that the high quality of the image matching in PS could compete with other panorama software.

So, yesterday I have tried the panorama function out and I had to conclude, that a bunch of features are missing in order to use it in a professional context. I would be pleased to indicate which other features would be necessary to have a minimal version of what is needed in a more professional context. But next week, I'm in stress now.

Nevertheless, the pano function seems to be a nice tool when  a quick panorama generation for documentation or overview is needed.

Cheers

bigben

• View Profile
« Reply #27 on: September 24, 2014, 04:52:50 PM »
What exactly does the "Tie-Point limit" feature do? What does the default value of 1000 mean? And if you enter 0 (= infinite?) does this act the same as the previous version of PhotoScan?

http://support.esri.com/en/knowledgebase/GISDictionary/term/tie%20point
Setting it to 0 appears to behave the same (because if it actually used 0 tie points you wouldn't match any images  ;))

Alexey Pasumansky

• View Profile
« Reply #28 on: September 24, 2014, 05:11:07 PM »
Hello ThomasVD,

Tie-point limit defines the upper threshold for the number of projections present on each photo. So actually this parameter effects on the number of points in the sparse cloud. Using zero-value means no limit and the process in such case will work similar to version 1.0. However, if you input zero in Tools Menu -> Thin Tie-Points dialog all the points will be removed.

Note that in some cases the number of projections on some images can be slightly higher than limit.

Best regards,
Alexey Pasumansky,
Agisoft LLC

Alexey Pasumansky

• View Profile
« Reply #29 on: September 24, 2014, 05:21:59 PM »
Hello hengefjes,

Here's the console output:
Finished processing in 0 sec (exit code 1)
grid: 9x7x3 (5 levels)
Preprocessing images...
preprocessing images... done in 0.697 sec
Finished processing in 0.698 sec (exit code 0)
>>>

And what about the export settings and model referencing?
Best regards,
Alexey Pasumansky,
Agisoft LLC