Forum

Author Topic: Not enough memory  (Read 31692 times)

sam

• View Profile
Not enough memory
« on: December 24, 2010, 07:59:36 PM »
Hi, I'm trying to rebuild a model from a set of 30 photos.  The "align photo" stage works well, but "build geometry" stops after about 3 hours processing and gives the message "not enough memory".  The images are each 3264x2448 pixels.  Is this a ram issue (my computer has 4gb)?  will reducing the individual image size solve the issue?    

janosch1234

• View Profile
Re: Not enough memory
« Reply #1 on: December 25, 2010, 01:14:06 AM »
Hi Sam,

there are two scenarios:

1. You use a 32 bit Windows:

then Windows limits photoscan (like all other 32-Bit Applications) to use 1,5-2GB or (2,5-3GB with "/3gb" Bootini-switch) of ram. Thats a general 32-Bit OS-Issue and not Photoscan specific. Theoretically its 4GB but thats without things like codecs, graphicsmemory mappings and so on.

In this case only resizing the images or disabling/removing some photos (that are maybe not needed) would help (or trying a lower setting in the meshing part)

2. You use a 64 Bit Windows:

In this case you are limited by your 4 gigabytes of RAM. So
you could resize the images or disable some photos OR additionally go and buy more RAM :)

Btw. 64 Bit OSes can be limited too (thats more a MS-thing):
Win 7 64bit Home Basic: max 8 GB
Win 7 64bit Home Premium: max 16 GB
Win 7 64bit Pro -> Ultimate: max 192 GB
I only wanted to comment that in the case you go and buy more ram ;)

You could try another meshing method too. (i guess "exact" is the most memory consuming method), but i am sure that someone from AgiSoft could comment about that better.

Best regards
Jan