Forum

Author Topic: Alignment  (Read 11713 times)

End-User

• View Profile
Alignment
« on: January 04, 2011, 11:20:51 AM »
Hi,

I bought and have been  using Photoscan very recently. I must say that this is the best photogrammetry package I have ever used. I immediately went on working on  a project which grew to have 12 chunks with 118  1920x1280 pixel photos.

With the  first six chunks alignment was running perfectly. But now it seems to fail after at least 2 hrs  of processing which turn out to be frustrating.

Is there a limit for the number of chunks and photographs for alignment? Or is there any workaround for this issue using some other software? What is the logic behind that procedure?

Is it also possible to add a view that shows all the chunks after running the alignment procedure?

Could the results  of the merge procedure have the  quality of exact method?

Many Thanks in Advance.

Dmitry Semyonov

• Agisoft Technical Support
    • View Profile
Re: Alignment
« Reply #1 on: January 07, 2011, 11:31:09 PM »
Hello,

Thank you for using PhotoScan.

Please use "Aligned Chunks" toolbar button to display all the aligned chunks at once.

The chunks support in PhotoScan is still an experimental feature, and we haven't tried to process so many chunks yet.

Can you please provide more details about your work flow and requirements? This will help us to improve this functionality in the future releases.

Please send the details to support@agisoft.ru if you are interested.

With best regards,
Dmitry Semyonov
AgiSoft LLC
With best regards,
Dmitry Semyonov
Agisoft