Forum

Author Topic: Reconstruction level  (Read 11811 times)

GPC

• View Profile
    • Geopro
Reconstruction level
« on: January 21, 2011, 09:11:36 AM »
In CVMS/PVMS and bundler, its possible to set set a reconstruction level (0 - 5 I think) that effects the processing time and the level of reconstruction. Is it possible to set these variables in your program? I love the software, very user friendly.. but the clouds be constructed don't seem very dense. I've run the same image sets through CMVS and get much denser reconstructions. Any ideas on why there are difference?
Thanks.
When things get weird, the weird turn pro.

Diego

• View Profile
Re: Reconstruction level
« Reply #1 on: January 21, 2011, 04:44:04 PM »
The truth will forward to my question, I too am puzzled by the low density of point cloud compared to open source development as CMVs or PhotoSynthToolkit. It would be nice to see a new version of this good program with the ability to generate a point cloud much more dense.
Regards.

janosch1234

• View Profile
Re: Re: Reconstruction level
« Reply #2 on: January 22, 2011, 01:05:20 AM »
Hi,

you are comparing the the wrong things.
The alignment cloud is similar to the bundler alignment cloud  not like PVMS/CVMS dense cloud.

You can easily get a highres mesh after alignment when you generate the mesh
(think of it as there is a highres pointcloud generated in the background and then its meshed directly)

But maybe it would be nice to have an additional pointcloud produced (so the the "reconstructing depth" step has not to be repeated).

Regards
Jan