Forum

Author Topic: Importing Cameras and having correct scale  (Read 2322 times)

Johnny

• View Profile
Importing Cameras and having correct scale
« on: July 16, 2015, 04:48:26 PM »
Hi,

I have a fixed set of cameras that I calibrated using PhotoScans target calibration procedure. I exported the cameras as an XML and file and verified all cameras are in the XML file.

Next, I have another set of images taken with the same setup, and now I just want to import camera locations, skip the alignment step (since I already know how the cameras are precisely located) and have the resulting end model with the correct scale.

However, after running
Code: [Select]
chunk.importCameras("/some/path")

I still need to run alignCameras. Furthermore, the resulting OBJ model after running dense cloud and mesh creation, is not scaled correctly.

If however I import the cameras using the GUI, then it automatically prompts me a dialog to align the cameras but the resulting .obj file has the correct scale this time!

My questions are:
- How can I skip the alignment step and directly generate sparse point cloud since I have imported camera locations?
- Why is there are difference between GUI import cameras and importing from Python? How can I make the Python side work correctly?

Alexey Pasumansky

• Agisoft Technical Support
    • View Profile
Re: Importing Cameras and having correct scale
« Reply #1 on: July 16, 2015, 05:02:32 PM »
Hello Johnny,

After importing cameras you need to .matchPhotos() and .buildPoints() - please note the second step is different from common .alignPhotos().
Best regards,
Alexey Pasumansky,
Agisoft LLC