Forum

Author Topic: what about the wording [R] beside a chunk?  (Read 5340 times)

mfran2002

• View Profile
what about the wording [R] beside a chunk?
« on: May 12, 2016, 04:53:34 PM »
Hello,
it happens that it appears an [R] beside a chunk, see the attached picture (chunks 2 and 3), someone know what it means?

thanks!

mschroyer

• View Profile
Re: what about the wording [R] beside a chunk?
« Reply #1 on: May 12, 2016, 06:49:24 PM »
I believe this means that the chunk is aligned with another chunk.

Page 39 of the PDF instructions has more information about chunks and alignment:
http://www.agisoft.com/pdf/photoscan_1_2_en.pdf

mfran2002

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: May 12, 2016, 10:38:47 PM »
thank you mschroyer.
Considering that I have not any coordinate system (my photos are not georeferenced) I think that this [R] stands for "two or more chunks are aligned with each other"...
I have 4 chunk and, before to merge them all together, I align them all: why I don't have that [R] for all of them and only for two?

:-\

mschroyer

• View Profile
« Reply #3 on: May 12, 2016, 10:51:03 PM »
You are welcome. Maybe someone can correct me on this, but Photoscan may not have been successful in aligning all of your chunks. It sounds like only two of the four chunks were successfully aligned, so those two get [R].

mfran2002

• View Profile
« Reply #4 on: May 13, 2016, 12:15:00 AM »
yes, it seems you are right mschroyer (please someone else corrects me if needed).

I've performed some tests and it means that, after the AlignChunks, the chunk has not been aligned with the other ones.

Into the console, log messages like "not enough points to align" appear, to specify that the alignment was not successful for that chunk

Thanks again!