Forum

Author Topic: Identifying moving objects  (Read 3228 times)

Chris_321

• View Profile
Identifying moving objects
« on: October 25, 2015, 07:37:37 PM »
I'm doing my first steps with Photosca, and despite having only a mediocre camera, right now, the outcome is surprisingly good after learning the basics.

Here is a problem I'm currently facing, which ultimately can be traced back to bad input images, but I'd like to salvage the project if possible.

I shot a scene with a lot of  leaves on the ground. I should have removed them probably, but there was no wind when I started to shoot and they looked nice. Mid shooting, there were some small gusts of wind. Not enough to disturb the scene a lot or even move most of the leaves, but some probably changed. I was in a hurry and didn't reshoot.

Now the images aren't of the best quality, but most of the cameras get aligned fine. Some don't . I suspect it's because of the moving leaves. Since there are a lot of leaves, I thought it would be handy if Photoscan could give me some indication of which images would align if it wasn't for some problem areas and could identify the problem areas somehow so I could mask them out.

Is this possible and would you say I'm judging the situation correctly?

I know about thinning the tie point cloud with the various gradual selection methods, but I can use them only if the camera has been aligned in the first place.

I'm using Photoscan Standard Edition.

frank.stremke

• View Profile
Re: Identifying moving objects
« Reply #1 on: October 26, 2015, 12:13:18 PM »
hello
have you tried lower settings in the allign options
usualy the more movement in the scene the resulting allignment is better with lower settings
frank
« Last Edit: October 26, 2015, 01:49:10 PM by frank.stremke »

Chris_321

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: October 26, 2015, 03:38:37 PM »
That's a very good idea, thank you! Unfortunately the first tests I did were with low settings before moving on to higher ones. (Because of the large number of photos.)

Alexey Pasumansky

• Agisoft Technical Support
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: October 26, 2015, 03:42:32 PM »
Hello Chris_321,

You can also mask the parts of the scene that have changed their position/orientation during the image acquisition process.
Best regards,
Alexey Pasumansky,
Agisoft LLC

Chris_321

• View Profile
« Reply #4 on: October 27, 2015, 04:39:53 AM »
Hello Chris_321,

You can also mask the parts of the scene that have changed their position/orientation during the image acquisition process.

That's my intention, or rather hope.
However there are many leaves and I can't easily see which elements have moved, so I hoped there would be a way to visualize problem areas in cameras that would match otherwise.

Another solution I could try would be to auto align the images in Photoshop and maybe notice some bigger chances that way but that would be cumbersome.