Forum

Author Topic: Import scene from RealityCapture  (Read 4757 times)

Aaron Curtis

• View Profile
Import scene from RealityCapture
« on: August 02, 2016, 12:04:11 AM »
I'd like to import cameras & sparse pointcloud from RealityCapture. RC has a bundler .out export, but it's broken at the moment. They said they would fix it, but in the meantime, is there another way?

I was wondering about using XMP. RC exports XMP and I turned on "Load camera orientation angles from XMP meta data" in Photoscan Pro but it doesn't look like it imported any data. Can XMP be used to import camera location as well as orientation? Is there a way I can tell if it read the XMP files?

Alexey Pasumansky

• Agisoft Technical Support
    • View Profile
Re: Import scene from RealityCapture
« Reply #1 on: August 02, 2016, 12:21:38 AM »
Hello foobarbecue,

"Load camera orientation angles from XMP meta data" option reads the orientation information from XMP profile - the extension of the image header, it's not a separate file.

Unfortunately, we don't have information about .xmp file format that you are speaking about. Is the specification open for it?
Best regards,
Alexey Pasumansky,
Agisoft LLC

MeHoo

• View Profile
Re: Import scene from RealityCapture
« Reply #2 on: August 05, 2016, 02:05:58 AM »
I'd like to heavily "second" the general need for more import options of at least cameras... I need a way to align objects scanned to origin.

If I can export cameras as fbx... I should be able to import them right back..right?  :/