Forum

Author Topic: DEM color export  (Read 7748 times)

Meije

• View Profile
DEM color export
« on: November 28, 2016, 02:39:44 AM »
Is there a way to export the DEM as a .PNG or .JPG color image (like how we visualize them in Agisoft) with hillshade enabled?. I need to export 1000 DEM's from Agisoft but changing the color in Arcmap one by one is way to much work.

Alexey Pasumansky

• Agisoft Technical Support
    • View Profile
Re: DEM color export
« Reply #1 on: November 28, 2016, 01:53:26 PM »
Hello Meije,

Do you require the output to be georeferenced? In the next version it would be possible to use Capture View option for the ortho view mode and make a high-resolution screenshot.

Currently the DEM export in GeoTIFF format saves the elevation value for each XY point (not as RGB raster file), while the coloring is a matter of the visualization in the application used for the post-processing and analysis.
Best regards,
Alexey Pasumansky,
Agisoft LLC

Meije

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: November 28, 2016, 07:27:27 PM »
Hello Alexey,

No it is not necessary for the output to be georeferenced, do you mean version 1.3.0 pre-release?, can i also capture the model evolution as a video with 'capture view'?, yeah, but i am having trouble finding a post-processing program that can batch handle 1000 DEM's for visualization, so far no luck. It would be a cool features for Agisoft future releases to allow color PNG image export of the DEM's.

Muka

• View Profile
« Reply #3 on: January 31, 2017, 07:11:55 PM »
Could be amazing export the DEM with shadows, is so beautiful, and not geotagged will work for marketing purpose or for the final client extras. :D

Dave Martin

• View Profile
« Reply #4 on: January 31, 2017, 08:08:26 PM »
Muka,

You can do this with, for example Surfer or QGIS (free) - just search for "hill shading".

Dave

WSurvey

• View Profile
DEM Elevation heat map as Orthophoto
« Reply #5 on: March 19, 2017, 04:55:12 AM »
I realise you can export a geotiff for GIS programs like QGIS that can use them, but for simple CAD programs it would be nice to be able to export the DEM heat map as a JPEG with a world file.  Apologies if this is already possible but I can't seem to find the option.

Alexey Pasumansky

• View Profile
Re: DEM Elevation heat map as Orthophoto
« Reply #6 on: March 19, 2017, 12:40:25 PM »
Hello WSurvey,

This option would be available in the next update of PhotoScan Pro. "Raster Transform" option in the Export DEM dialog would allow to save the raster like it is displayed in Ortho view of PhotoScan window.
Best regards,
Alexey Pasumansky,
Agisoft LLC

sven_veldhuis@hotmail.com

• View Profile
« Reply #7 on: March 14, 2018, 01:53:59 PM »
Hi Alexey,

Is this option available already? I don't see a "Raster Transform" option in the Export DEM dialog.
Just updated to version 1.4.1 (pro)

Thanks

Alexey Pasumansky

• View Profile
« Reply #8 on: March 14, 2018, 02:35:49 PM »
Hello sven_veldhuis,

That's strange. "Raster Transform" option is right under the "Split in blocks" option in the Export DEM dialog.
Best regards,
Alexey Pasumansky,
Agisoft LLC

sven_veldhuis@hotmail.com

• View Profile
« Reply #9 on: March 14, 2018, 04:44:22 PM »
You are right. I wasn't looking in the right place. Thank you for the screenshot!