Forum

Author Topic: Adding dots to a subject  (Read 5601 times)

ArtKru

• View Profile
Adding dots to a subject
« on: February 22, 2017, 06:42:23 AM »
This is related to my last post but different enough that it deserves its own thread. I've been having trouble with PhotoScan capturing smooth undifferentiated areas on the subject. Would it help PhotoScan if I added some dots to the subject. I've thought of either little 1/16" or 1mm sized circles of sticky note paper or even tiny dots of a playdough type clay that I could easily remove afterwards. In either case I could then remove them in the final mesh using Meshmixer or another similar tool.

Would these approaches help PhotoScan to stay locked in on otherwise undifferentiated areas of a model?

Art

badger

• View Profile
Re: Adding dots to a subject
« Reply #1 on: February 22, 2017, 08:52:18 PM »
This is related to my last post but different enough that it deserves its own thread. I've been having trouble with PhotoScan capturing smooth undifferentiated areas on the subject. Would it help PhotoScan if I added some dots to the subject. I've thought of either little 1/16" or 1mm sized circles of sticky note paper or even tiny dots of a playdough type clay that I could easily remove afterwards. In either case I could then remove them in the final mesh using Meshmixer or another similar tool.

Would these approaches help PhotoScan to stay locked in on otherwise undifferentiated areas of a model?

Art

yes, it might help. Put many and tiny and possibly of irregular shape, not all the same. Or you can consider dark powder to dust the thing. You can wipe it afterwards