Forum

Author Topic: high parameters synonymous with good results?  (Read 6219 times)

blulaserpulse

• View Profile
high parameters synonymous with good results?
« on: April 14, 2017, 04:06:05 PM »
Yesterday I took 70 pictures, with my s7, at full resolution, the face of my girlfriend at home, "optimal conditions". Then I switch to agisof PhotoScan, I set VERY high parameters, the machine view, but the result well ... as you can see is really bad! Where the hell am I wrong? the light? they say that the secret is to block the white balance, but if I wanted to do this with my cell phone instead of a professional camera? It 'also true that the "miraculous" app (123d etc ...) even they can not do things worth noting, only the examples are good. But do you any advice?
later I made another attempt. I have 5 pictures for "level" I wanted to do only the front face, seem distant, but I made a 80 cm, then I proceeded as follows but the result is still obscene. I do not understand

Alexey Pasumansky

• Agisoft Technical Support
    • View Profile
Re: high parameters synonymous with good results?
« Reply #1 on: April 14, 2017, 04:12:05 PM »
Hello blulaserpulse,

I think that the most probable reasons of the result that you have are: movements of the person you are scanning with the single camera - slight head shaking, breathing and etc. would affect the camera alignment, as PhotoScan assumes that the shape of the object and relative positions of the elements in scene do not change. And second is the quality of the images themselves - high ISO, poor focusing and shallow focal depths are bad for PhotoScan.

As for the parameters, no need to use Highest - High is sufficient for most cases, also using very big numbers for the key point and tie point limits are unreasonable, using default values should be also fine for your type of the project (key point limit - 40,000 and tie point limit 10,000). For the dense cloud I suggest to use High to see if it is fine or not. Build dense cloud in Ultra basing on the inaccurate alignment wouldn't improve the results.
Best regards,
Alexey Pasumansky,
Agisoft LLC

navidmosleminiya

• View Profile
Re: high parameters synonymous with good results?
« Reply #2 on: June 25, 2017, 01:28:26 PM »
hi i am using4 Canon DSLR cameras on a dolly to take photos but I am facing the same problem of not being able to align all photos and also the output mesh quality is not as high as it should be
https://we.tl/vBLpAuF6qJ