Forum

Author Topic: Stitching errors with Micasense RedEdge  (Read 3811 times)

william

• View Profile
Stitching errors with Micasense RedEdge
« on: August 28, 2017, 10:00:33 PM »
Referenced reports are at this dropbox link. Unfortunately, my fonts currently aren't working, so you can only see the output images:

https://www.dropbox.com/sh/dstvazzbn8ooacw/AAA_E-qqfGbmwE07-0z41E8Na?dl=0

I occasionally have trouble stitching 5-channel Micasense RedEdge images. Maybe 4/5 times, the result will be good (see micasense_drone_report_good.pdf). 1/5 times the result will be total misalignment between channels (see micasense_drone_report_bad.pdf).

Does anyone know if there is anything that can be done about this? Notably, if I stitch each of the 5 channels separately, they produce separately perfect results.

I use the elevation map to build the orthomosaic, after matching photos with High accuracy and building a dense cloud with Ultra quality. I can provide the relevant code if you like.
« Last Edit: August 29, 2017, 09:10:24 PM by william »

Alexey Pasumansky

• Agisoft Technical Support
    • View Profile
Re: Stitching errors with Micasense RedEdge
« Reply #1 on: August 30, 2017, 11:26:26 AM »
Hello william,

Which OS you are using and is that correct that you are running the processing from the command-line?
You may need to specify the path to the fonts folder via the following environment variable:
QT_QPA_FONTDIR=<path to font files>
The fonts should be in the specified folder directly, not in the sub-directories.

So with more informative reports it may be easier to understand, what might be causing the issue.

Also I don't think that the use of Ultra dense cloud quality is reasonable for agriculture projects.
Best regards,
Alexey Pasumansky,
Agisoft LLC

william

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: August 30, 2017, 11:14:31 PM »
I'm using ubuntu 16.04, and processing entirely from the command-line, yes. I tried passing QT_QPA_FONTDIR=/usr/share/fonts/ as an environment variable, and I'm still getting no fonts unfortunately. I'll try to figure out what I'm doing wrong.

william

• View Profile
« Reply #3 on: August 31, 2017, 12:34:18 AM »
I got the fonts working. I'll regenerate reports by tomorrow, and post them here. Thanks for the help!

william

• View Profile
« Reply #4 on: September 01, 2017, 07:21:43 PM »
Ok, I have replaced 'micasense_drone_report_bad.pdf' with a real report. Can you please take a look? Thanks.

william

• View Profile
« Reply #5 on: September 05, 2017, 10:29:56 PM »
I have also updated micasense_drone_report_good.pdf. So all the data is there now.

william

• View Profile
« Reply #6 on: November 22, 2017, 11:05:03 PM »
[EDIT: following up with support.]
« Last Edit: November 24, 2017, 11:31:04 PM by william »

william

• View Profile
« Reply #7 on: November 29, 2017, 11:50:45 PM »
Ok, turns out this problem is all fixed in Agisoft 1.4.0, and several other MicaSense features have been added. Way to go, Agisoft! I am very happy about this.

Alexey Pasumansky

• Agisoft Technical Support
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: November 30, 2017, 06:30:43 PM »
Hello william,

Let us know, if working with the version 1.4.0 you've got properly aligned cameras now.

It seems that with the version 1.3.2 that you were using the bands could be mixed due to the filename naming collisions.
Best regards,
Alexey Pasumansky,
Agisoft LLC