Forum

Author Topic: Agisoft PhotoScan 1.4.0 pre-release  (Read 210607 times)

karad

• View Profile
fiducial marks
« Reply #45 on: September 25, 2017, 08:49:34 AM »
hi,
I typed in  the coordinates of fiducial marks and the focal length but   No message to measure the fid.  marks on the photos....

willfig

• View Profile
Re: Agisoft PhotoScan 1.4.0 pre-release
« Reply #46 on: September 25, 2017, 09:46:43 AM »
Very excited to see support for 3D mouse.  However when we use it, all the axes seem backwards compared to when we use it with other software.  Is there some way to set this?

cadm8

• View Profile
« Reply #47 on: September 25, 2017, 09:54:43 AM »
Hi, I've had speed processing problems with Photoscan versions above 1.3.0 (about double or more the processing time for the same projects), so I tested 1.4.0 with dissapointing results... About 35hr to produce a 4mil. point cloud on an i7 6700k with 32gb ram and an r7 radeon. I'm attaching the log https://drive.google.com/file/d/0BzGCwRIMzzYsM0ZXTTBfUHdZcTg/view?usp=sharing in case something comes out

Yoann Courtois

• Engineer in Geodesy, Cartography and Surveying
    • View Profile
« Reply #48 on: September 25, 2017, 10:18:53 AM »
Hi !

Just came back from final orals, I would like to know if it's possible to install 1.4 pre-release without removing 1.3.4 from our computer ?

Regards

EDIT: you already answered, sorry
Hello Bill,

If you are using Windows, then you need to copy /PhotoScan Pro/ folder to another location before installing 1.4, since Windows will remove the previous installation (like Vlad has mentioned on the first page).
« Last Edit: September 25, 2017, 10:47:39 AM by Yoann Courtois »
--
Yoann COURTOIS
R&D Engineer in photogrammetric process and mobile application
Lyon, FRANCE
--

cadm8

• View Profile
« Reply #49 on: September 25, 2017, 10:55:42 AM »
Copy your existing working folder to a safe place, install the new vers. and then you can replace the folders to get back to your original version

Hi !

Just came back from final orals, I would like to know if it's possible to install 1.4 pre-release without removing 1.3.4 from our computer ?

Regards

wojtek

• View Profile
« Reply #50 on: September 25, 2017, 01:27:04 PM »
Can you guys add a keyboard shortcut for Gradual Selection, now that you moved it to a new tab it's even more frustrating to access it multiple times (i keep going to Edit tab instead) :)

Yoann Courtois

• Engineer in Geodesy, Cartography and Surveying
    • View Profile
« Reply #51 on: September 25, 2017, 05:52:01 PM »
As well as others, still not able to import video:
"A media resource couldn't be resolved"

Type of imported file: FullHD mp4 video.

Regards
--
Yoann COURTOIS
R&D Engineer in photogrammetric process and mobile application
Lyon, FRANCE
--

bisenberger

• View Profile
    • Digital Mapping & Graphics
« Reply #52 on: September 25, 2017, 06:05:22 PM »
Very excited to see support for 3D mouse.  However when we use it, all the axes seem backwards compared to when we use it with other software.  Is there some way to set this?
+1
The 3DCONNEXION settings appear to have no affect on how the devise works in PhotoScan.

« Last Edit: September 25, 2017, 06:11:17 PM by bisenberger »
Digital Mapping & Graphics LLC
https://digital-mapping.net/

Mohammed

• View Profile
« Reply #53 on: September 25, 2017, 06:18:51 PM »
After build mesh i try to put a Marker on the photo to set up the scale and the marker suppose to automatically set in all photos but nothing happen i test it in V1.3.5 and it worked fine.

Mohamed

SAV

• View Profile
« Reply #54 on: September 26, 2017, 05:53:02 AM »
+1
Same here.

I already mentioned the problems to Alexey, but he wasn't able to 'recreate' it. Not sure what the issue is.

+1
The 3DCONNEXION settings appear to have no affect on how the devise works in PhotoScan.

Alexey Pasumansky

• Agisoft Technical Support
    • View Profile
« Reply #55 on: September 26, 2017, 08:13:40 AM »
Do you mean that the 3D mouse works in the same way both with checked and unchecked "reverse" option?
Best regards,
Alexey Pasumansky,
Agisoft LLC

Alexey Pasumansky

• Agisoft Technical Support
    • View Profile
« Reply #56 on: September 26, 2017, 08:15:36 AM »
Hi, I've had speed processing problems with Photoscan versions above 1.3.0 (about double or more the processing time for the same projects), so I tested 1.4.0 with dissapointing results... About 35hr to produce a 4mil. point cloud on an i7 6700k with 32gb ram and an r7 radeon. I'm attaching the log https://drive.google.com/file/d/0BzGCwRIMzzYsM0ZXTTBfUHdZcTg/view?usp=sharing in case something comes out
Do you have the processing log or at least Chunk info with the parameters and time spent from the previous version, where the processing time was adequate?

According to the log the depth filtering took very long time and it could be related to the excessive overlap, when most of the cameras are overlapping with a lot of neighbors.
Best regards,
Alexey Pasumansky,
Agisoft LLC

SAV

• View Profile
« Reply #57 on: September 26, 2017, 08:30:17 AM »
Hi Alexey,

If I adjust the 3D mouse settings (any of them), nothing changes in PhotoScan. Haven't had this problem with other software so far.

Regards,
SAV

Do you mean that the 3D mouse works in the same way both with checked and unchecked "reverse" option?

stephan

• View Profile
« Reply #58 on: September 26, 2017, 12:36:07 PM »
"optimizecameras" seems to produce random results, and messes up the camera alignment even with all tags set to "false" so that it should not really do anything.

cadm8

• View Profile
« Reply #59 on: September 26, 2017, 05:56:52 PM »
Do you have the processing log or at least Chunk info with the parameters and time spent from the previous version, where the processing time was adequate?

According to the log the depth filtering took very long time and it could be related to the excessive overlap, when most of the cameras are overlapping with a lot of neighbors.

I will provide this, since I can reprocess the job with 1.3.0. You're right there is probably much unneeded overlap in this project (it was an early one)