Forum

Author Topic: Unable to uninstall previous version without installer msi  (Read 4601 times)

bungnoid

• View Profile
Unable to uninstall previous version without installer msi
« on: November 18, 2017, 07:55:25 AM »
Hi All,

I am trying to upgrade my personal version of PhotoScan from 1.1.4 to 1.3.4 (win x64)
It seems I need the installer msi for the old version to be able to uninstall, before I can install the newer version.

When I run the installer (photoscan_1_3_4_x64.msi), it tries unsuccessfully to uninstall the current version and I get the following message -

"The feature you are trying to use is on a network resource that is unavailable.

Click OK to try again, or enter an alternate path the the installation package 'photoscan_1_1_4_x64.msi' in the box below"

I've tried uninstalling the old version manually, but I am always prompted for the previous version installer, which I no longer have and can't find any way to download again.

Has anyone else ran into this issue or have any suggestions on how to solve it?

Thanks!

AGüimil

• View Profile
Re: Unable to uninstall previous version without installer msi
« Reply #1 on: November 21, 2017, 03:39:46 PM »
Hi all,

I am having the same problem and I could not find any solution.
I moved the installer to several locations in my computer and i get always the same message:

"The feature you are trying to use is on a network resource that is unavailable.

Click OK to try again, or enter an alternate path the the installation package 'photoscan_1_1_4_x64.msi' in the box below"

Thanks

Alexey Pasumansky

• Agisoft Technical Support
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: November 21, 2017, 03:45:31 PM »
Hello AGüimil,

You can download the version 1.3.2 (according to the provided screenshot) installed by the following link:
http://download.agisoft.com/photoscan-pro_1_3_2_x64.msi

However, it seems that the problem is related to Windows Installer application, as usually older installation packages are not required for the software update.

The problem of bungnoid seems to be solved by our support already.
Best regards,
Alexey Pasumansky,
Agisoft LLC

AGüimil

• View Profile
« Reply #3 on: November 23, 2017, 08:49:47 PM »
Hi Alexey,

I am already working with the version 1.3.2. My problem appears when I try to update to the version 1.3.4. I don´t why but those in the screenshot is the message that I receive in the precess.

The next message that I receive is "The older version of Agisoft Photoscan Professional cannot be removed. Contact
your technical support group". I understand than the older version that the sofware is unable to remove is the 1.3.2.

So I will try to fix the Windows Installation.

Thanks

Alexey Pasumansky

• Agisoft Technical Support
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: November 23, 2017, 11:10:33 PM »
And what happens when you try to specify the path to the 1_3_2 version installer?
Best regards,
Alexey Pasumansky,
Agisoft LLC

AGüimil

• View Profile
« Reply #5 on: November 24, 2017, 02:46:58 PM »
Hi Alexey,

Finally I could update to 1.3.4 version. The problem came from my version of Java. When I update it the installation worked whitout any problem.

Thank you and sorry for wasting your time.