Agisoft Metashape > Camera Calibration

Explanation of Lens calibration?

(1/3) > >>

Rosy:
Hi,

I got some results of lens calibration (please see attached picture). But I have difficulties to interpret them.

Does any one know what the red or blue color represents, respectively? Are the red ones "bad" points?

What do the red or blue LINEs mean?

What about the white line? Is it an outlier?

How should I evaluate such an result. Should I remove the images with bad results and re-do the calibration?

Thank you guys!

Alexey Pasumansky:
Hello Rosy,

Red and blue circles represent the detected corners of the cells. The color is demonstrating that everything is detected correctly: the circles cannot have "neighbors" of the same color. The lines represent the estimated position of the point according to the solved distortion coefficients.

Rosy:
Hi,

Thank you very much for the explanation! I'm afraid I have a few more questions:

1. What does the direction and length of the lines (blue and red) mean? I see they have different length and directions.

2. For some result images, there are white points and lines. What does the white color represent?

3. Should I remove some images based on the results (like points/line color, length of the line, or the detected number of points) and re-do the calibration?  How to decide which images should be removed?

Rosy:
The white arrows are shown in this attachment (marked with yellow circles).

What do they mean? What should I do then?

Thank you very much in advance!

Alexey Pasumansky:
Hello Rosy,

White points are filtered out automatically and are not used for the lens distortion estimation.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version