Forum

Author Topic: Masking  (Read 2062 times)

scr1tch

• View Profile
Masking
« on: November 20, 2017, 01:00:34 AM »
Hello. I saw in a YouTube video how to create a mask and apply it to all the other images so that a mask was automatically created from each image. I would also like to do that, because so later after the generation of point clouds no longer the background needs to be edited and cut away. But this does not work for me. How should I proceed exactly? Unfortunately, the video I saw referred to an older version of PhotoScan.

SAV

• View Profile
Re: Masking
« Reply #1 on: November 20, 2017, 03:57:52 AM »
Hi scr1tch,

Here is the workflow.
1. Generate the mask you want for one single picture in PhotoScan using the SELECTION TOOLS in the main icon bar

2. Then TOOLS > EXPORT > EXPORT MASKS. Save as a single channel mask image.

3. TOOLS > IMPORT > IMPORT MASK. Choose these settings: FROM FILE, REPLACEMENT and APPLY TO ALL CAMERAS. You then have to enter the filename of the mask you stored in step 1, e.g. mask.jpg. Then press OK.

4. A window will pop up asking you to select the FOLDER where the mask.jpg file is stored in. Navigate to that folder an then click the SELECT FOLDER button.

DONE. Your mask should now have been applied to all images. Note that this workflow will apply the same mask to every picture, e.g. very useful to ignore 'overlays' in images.

Regards,
SAV
« Last Edit: November 20, 2017, 03:59:23 AM by SAV »

scr1tch

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: November 20, 2017, 10:07:52 AM »
Thank you for the speedy response. Sounds comprehensible so far, even if that deviates significantly from the video. I'll try it out today, but it looks promising :)

scr1tch

• View Profile
« Reply #3 on: November 21, 2017, 11:18:03 PM »
Hello. I tested a little bit again, but was not successful. How do I get that, what does this in the video?
https://youtu.be/NuJCRIkmn60?t=171

cadm8

• View Profile
« Reply #4 on: March 26, 2018, 05:24:15 PM »
Hi scr1tch,

Here is the workflow.
1. Generate the mask you want for one single picture in PhotoScan using the SELECTION TOOLS in the main icon bar

2. Then TOOLS > EXPORT > EXPORT MASKS. Save as a single channel mask image.

3. TOOLS > IMPORT > IMPORT MASK. Choose these settings: FROM FILE, REPLACEMENT and APPLY TO ALL CAMERAS. You then have to enter the filename of the mask you stored in step 1, e.g. mask.jpg. Then press OK.

4. A window will pop up asking you to select the FOLDER where the mask.jpg file is stored in. Navigate to that folder an then click the SELECT FOLDER button.

DONE. Your mask should now have been applied to all images. Note that this workflow will apply the same mask to every picture, e.g. very useful to ignore 'overlays' in images.

Regards,
SAV

Hey SAV, I must be doing something wrong, I'm exporting the mask from one photo and importing it by applying to all cameras, yet the mask isn't orientating to the photos...