Forum

Author Topic: ALIGN MS IMAGES  (Read 3250 times)

Nikos_geography

• View Profile
ALIGN MS IMAGES
« on: December 05, 2017, 11:37:51 AM »
Hello evey1, I am using Agioft Photoscan Professional version 1.2.0. Here is my problem:
I have a set of images captured by a multispectral camera. The images are in RED chanell. I am trying to align them but the program can align 3 or 4 photos (from the whole set of images that I have). Any thoughts of what can I do in this case?

SAV

• View Profile
Re: ALIGN MS IMAGES
« Reply #1 on: December 06, 2017, 07:17:37 AM »
Hi Nikos_geography,

Make sure that the image overlap is sufficient and that the image quality is OK (blurry images are bad).
Otherwise PhotoScan will struggle to align/process your images.

Regards,
SAV

Nikos_geography

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: December 06, 2017, 12:32:59 PM »
SAV thank you for your reply. I found another solution. The University is using latest version (1.3.smthing). In this version the photos are aligned. But.... The when I am trying to Add a Folder, which contains images in 4 different bands, the program "reads" those 4 bands (which represents the same area) as 1 picture.
I have tryed to Add 1 img at a time, but then Agisoft cannot recognize the img as multispectral img.
The resolution of the imgs is fine.
Any thoughts?

Alexey Pasumansky

• Agisoft Technical Support
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: December 06, 2017, 04:05:27 PM »
Hello Nikos_geography,

Which camera you are using?

In general case you need to split the images related to each band into separate sub-folder and then use Add Folder option pointing to the "master folder".
Best regards,
Alexey Pasumansky,
Agisoft LLC

Nikos_geography

• View Profile
« Reply #4 on: December 06, 2017, 05:10:22 PM »
I am using Parrot Sequoia.
Here is what happend.. I have upload 1000 pictures. In the Workspace panel it is written "250 cameras".  But...
When I am trying to delete, for example, all the pictures, the program asks me if I want to delete all the 1000 cameras!!!!
Why is that?
My thought is that when I upload the pics, Agisoft automatically composites the bands. Is that correct?

Alexey Pasumansky

• View Profile
« Reply #5 on: December 06, 2017, 05:45:49 PM »
Hello Nikos_geography,

In the version 1.3.4 you should be able to see the number of "planes" in the Camera Calibration dialog, if the images have been added using Multispecrtal Cameras approach. So there should be 250 cameras with 4 planes each.
Best regards,
Alexey Pasumansky,
Agisoft LLC

Nikos_geography

• View Profile
« Reply #6 on: December 06, 2017, 06:02:36 PM »
First of all I would like to ask something else...
I have seperated the bands in different folders... If I upload each folder at a time, Photoscan does not recognize it as multispectral images. So I upload 1 folder which contains 4 sub-folders. What should I select from the dialog box that it is in the attachment?
After that I will check the Cmr Calibration.

Alexey Pasumansky

• View Profile
« Reply #7 on: December 06, 2017, 06:08:15 PM »
Hello Nikos_geography,

I think that both results will be identical.

You need to add all the images at once: either using Add Folder option (when the images are split into sub-folders according to the bands) or using Add Photos command, but selecting all the images at once (for every band) - the latter option works for MicaSense RedEdge and Parrot Sequoia cameras (PhotoScan is using meta-data to split the images between different bands).
Best regards,
Alexey Pasumansky,
Agisoft LLC

Nikos_geography

• View Profile
« Reply #8 on: December 06, 2017, 06:25:19 PM »
Alexey Pasumansky thank you very much for your help!

The Camera Calibration dialog box show that I have 4 cameras for each band. I have posted an Attachment also, for you to check it.
Should I check the small box "Fix calibration"?

Alexey Pasumansky

• View Profile
« Reply #9 on: December 06, 2017, 06:49:30 PM »
Hello Nikos_geography,

It seems that the images have been loaded properly.

However, I can suggest to use Auto option instead of Precalibrated (the values have been loaded automatically from the XMP, but at the first try I suggest to use the default values). Also not sure about Fisheye camera type. You need to use it only if there are obvious fisheye distortions on the images.
Best regards,
Alexey Pasumansky,
Agisoft LLC

Nikos_geography

• View Profile
« Reply #10 on: December 07, 2017, 10:40:42 AM »
The truth is that there aren't any obvious distortions for picking Fisheye camera.
Anyway, I have checked it with Frame also and it seems to working correclty.
I have another question.

I have the GCPs. How can I recognise them in my MS imgs? Because my RMSE is 7m!
And also the quality of my imgs. What is the minimum quality (in general) of MS imgs
that I have to keep in order my model to be "right"?
What I mean is that in RGB imgs the minimum quality is 0.7 (when I make "Check img quality).