Forum

Author Topic: Mirrored Orthophoto of ceiling  (Read 1625 times)

GeoGecco

• View Profile
Mirrored Orthophoto of ceiling
« on: December 11, 2017, 04:03:43 PM »
Dear Team,

I have a specific problem I would like to solve.
I took pictures of a ceiling and we used a laserscanner to scan the whole roof.
After meshing the scan we were able to project the images onto the laserscaned mesh.

We used GCPs and now comes the tricky part. Is it somehow possible to project the images onto the mesh so that when you look from the top onto the roof, you will get to see a mirrored version of the roof?

We would like to combine the orthophoto with some aditional measurements but the customer wants the orthophoto from above but mirrored.

Any ideas?

James

• View Profile
Re: Mirrored Orthophoto of ceiling
« Reply #1 on: December 14, 2017, 12:45:08 PM »
If the form of the ceiling is purely 2.5D, i.e. no occlusion from anything hanging whatsoever so you can see everything from above that you see from below, then you could just generate the orthomosaic as a top view rather than a bottom view, but for anything more interesting i don't think there is a solution within photoscan.

I think the only other thing to do is mirror it in external software, or attach it to an acad drawing and mirror it there (which is my preferred thing as the dwg file can also include any notes about what whether it is a reflected view or not and additional measurements, coordinate system etc)