Forum

Author Topic: Import cameras to prevent allignment  (Read 2710 times)

JonasE

• View Profile
Import cameras to prevent allignment
« on: January 04, 2018, 02:28:26 PM »
Hello there,

if I use "import cameras" to import a .xml file with camera orientation and position, agisoft still does the allignemt before building the dense cloud! Is it possible to prevent the allignment in any way, so I could load the camera positiona and orientation and directly build the dense cloud?

Thanks for your help!

Alexey Pasumansky

• Agisoft Technical Support
    • View Profile
Re: Import cameras to prevent allignment
« Reply #1 on: January 04, 2018, 02:29:59 PM »
Hello JonasE,

After using Import Cameras option you should use Build Points operation - in this case PhotoScan will still match the images, but wouldn't adjust the camera locations/orientation/calibration parameters.
Best regards,
Alexey Pasumansky,
Agisoft LLC

JonasE

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: January 04, 2018, 02:43:13 PM »
Hello Alexey,

thank you for your fast reply.

Now one question is still in my mind: If I have the camera position and orientation of all  cameras, could I speed up the process of alignment with these additional information? I made a test with and without the "import camera" option, but i took the extact same time to allign it.

Alexey Pasumansky

• Agisoft Technical Support
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: January 05, 2018, 06:55:54 PM »
Hello JonasE,

Are you using Import Cameras option and then using Build Points option? Which format you are using for import?
Best regards,
Alexey Pasumansky,
Agisoft LLC

n@sk

• View Profile
« Reply #4 on: January 07, 2018, 09:04:20 PM »
I suppose that If you Import Cameras and Build Points, the matching part of the "Align" should take the same time but return fewer wrong matches.
In this case you don't need the incremental alignment part, but if you only have a few images you might not notice the difference.