Agisoft Metashape > General

Incompatible dense cloud colors

(1/4) > >>

Mike25660:
I have a project set up with three image sets. Two sets were imported into chunks and individually aligned. Then those two chunks were aligned and merged together to create a third chunk. Next, a third image set was imported and aligned. The chunk of the third photo set was then aligned with the previously aligned and merged chunk of the first two image sets. The spare cloud looked fine at that point with results of the three original image sets properly aligned. When the Merge Chunk command was used proceed with processing this error was reported: Incompatible dense cloud colors.

I saw another question from May 2017 about this error but no helpful guidance about its meaning. Any suggestions about how to deal with this would be appreciated. Thanks

Alexey Pasumansky:
Hello Mike25660,

Which version of PhotoScan you are using and were all chunks processed in the same version?

Mike25660:
Alexey,

I am using v 1.3.4 build 5067 (64 bit). The chunks were processed in this version on the same computer.

Mike25660:
Alexey,

My usual workflow with more than one chunk is to align and merge the chunks before further processing. Today, I processed my three chunks into the dense clouds. The three dense cloud chunks were aligned and look great. Once again, when I tried merging the three dense cloud chunks, this was reported in the console window:

2018-01-14 21:12:02 Dense clouds have different color format, they are merged as RGB
2018-01-14 21:12:03 Finished processing in 10.834 sec (exit code 0)
2018-01-14 21:12:03 Error: Incompatible dense cloud colors

All my photos were shot in RAW format and converted to TIFFs. The same procedure was used to process all the images. No attempt was made to alter the format of the images. They are all color images. Does the dense cloud color format have any relationship to the image format? Would it matter if the images were converted to a format different than TIFF?

Alexey Pasumansky:
Hello Mike25660,

I'm not able to reproduce the issue on the projects with higher bit depth than 8-bit per channel.

I can suggest to try version 1.4.0 for merging and see if it works, if not, it would be helpful to get the small sample project with two chunks that cannot be merged with the dense cloud due to the same error.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version