Agisoft Metashape > General

Orientation for 2.5D projection

(1/1)

yoli:
Hi, there are some dense clouds I would like to process as surfaces, even though they are not really surfaces, but I'd like to project them on a plane surface from a certain view/orientation. The problem is that PhotoScan, when building a mesh with the 2.5D option, is choosing a projection based on I don't know what exactly (the actual "top" on the world I think), but it doesn't always do the projection I want (I want to project from a side instead of the top). I would like to be able to tell PhotoScan what "side" of the dense cloud to project on a plate to build the 2.5D mesh. Is this possible? I tried to rotate the dense could into various orientations but to no avail. If this is not yet possible can this be added as a new feature? Thanks.

SAV:
Hi yoli,

Try building a DEM instead (which is a 2.5D projection as well).

WORKFLOW > BUILD DEM

As projection type choose PLANAR, and then choose your desired PROJECTION PLANE:
- Current View
- Markers (choose either two markers along a horizontal axis or 2 markers along a vertical axis)
- Bottom
- Front
- Back
- Left
- Right

Regards,
SAV

yoli:
Thanks SAV, but I do not have Build DEM, maybe a feature of PhotoScan Pro, I have the Standard version...

JMR:
Hi, Yoli
You need to orient the bounding box so that the red face is parallel to the "top" view of your desired 2.5d projection.
I'd suggest you to rotate view first to a Z up view by using keys 5 for ortho projection and 3 for side view
then use rotate object tool align the object so that your wanted object z axis is aligned with the screen vertical. You might also use 4 key repeatedly to rotate 90 about scene Z and check if the object is properly leveled to your taste.
Once the object is leveled, choose the rotate region tool ant try to align bounding box with standard side view by making the red face look like an horizontal line. It is not as easy as one would like because the control by mouse of the rotations is not very precise, keep in mind that by picking the rotation handle far from screen center will give you more control on rotation.
Regards

yoli:
Thanks a lot JMR, it worked !

Navigation

[0] Message Index

Go to full version