Forum

Author Topic: 3D Model from UAV photos misaligned  (Read 1146 times)

ptander

• View Profile
3D Model from UAV photos misaligned
« on: April 16, 2018, 07:37:36 PM »
I am building a model of several buildings, and for some reason the data is skewed. (See attached screenshots).  I do not use GCP, but have not had any issues with the previous dozen models I have build. The only difference with this particular model is that due to the size of buildings, I collected the aerial photos on two separate occasions. I imported all the photos at one time, and they do not align within the coordinate space. Can anyone explain why that is, and what to do about it?

Context of model:10 poultry houses. The 4 houses to the right side of the photos are on a hill top, and the 6 houses to the left are sloping down a hill. 

Working in Agisoft Photoscan Pro, V1.4.1

Photos were collected using a Mavic Pro and the Pix4D Collector application. I ran a double grid flight for both missions at 180 feet altitude, taking pictures every 2 seconds.

Alexey Pasumansky

• Agisoft Technical Support
    • View Profile
Re: 3D Model from UAV photos misaligned
« Reply #1 on: April 17, 2018, 09:44:54 AM »
Hello ptander,

Can you please try to add all photos to the same chunk, then uncheck all cameras in the Reference pane and then align photos with Reference pre-selection disabled. Does it produce correct result?
Best regards,
Alexey Pasumansky,
Agisoft LLC

ciara123

• View Profile
Re: 3D Model from UAV photos misaligned
« Reply #2 on: April 17, 2018, 01:39:54 PM »
I have had a similar issue with data processed in the same chunk but collected originally on different days.

Alexey - surely aligning with reference pre-selection disabled will significantly increase processing time?

Changing the elevation data generated by the UAV using a photo editor has worked for some but not all of my cases of this. Others here have suggested python script to do similar in the reference pane.

http://www.agisoft.com/forum/index.php?topic=8560.msg41243#msg41243