Forum

Author Topic: Poor Photo Aligment  (Read 1491 times)

Darko

• View Profile
    • CADCOM
Poor Photo Aligment
« on: April 17, 2018, 04:35:45 PM »
Hello,

I have trouble with the photos that don't want to be aligned. In that job with about 1000 photos, whatever I do about 10 photos doesn't get aligned. Those photos were taken in the deep forest without leaves. What is the best solution for this problem. All my cameras have precise photo center coordinates and are on the proper positions.

Best regards,
Darko Car

JMR

• View Profile
Re: Poor Photo Aligment
« Reply #1 on: April 18, 2018, 05:27:00 PM »
I suppose that you have already tried to force the image subset alignment by select them in the list, and right click-align selected photos, haven't you? if not, just do it.

I've found it sometimes help if you select a small collection of photos around those reluctants prior to use align selected photos command.

AAAAAAA[AAAA]AAAAAAA
AAAAA[AAXXXXAA]AAAAAA
AAAAAAA[AAAA]AAAAAAA

If anything works, you could try to use manual tie points which are markers without coordinates that connect aligned photos to non aligned ones

Good luck

Darko

• View Profile
    • CADCOM
« Reply #2 on: April 18, 2018, 09:41:57 PM »
Thank's JMR

I did try it all and in one job it has finished OK.. Now I am on second one but this is the forest and it is so hard to identify points... Is there any solution I can look at the two pictures at the same time, side by side? It would be much better solution for identification of the same features.

I need luck, thanks.

JMR

• View Profile
« Reply #3 on: April 19, 2018, 02:37:13 AM »
yes, you can open two photos at once in the main viewport. just open one and right click on the photo tab just in the upper part of the photo view. then chose move to other tab group.
then activate again the model tab and double click on another photo you wish to have side by side, it will open on the left half of the view.
(well, honestly... our Agisoft heroes are not exactly masters when it comes to gui implementation...)