Forum

Author Topic: Input Video BUG  (Read 2782 times)

ArnauCM

• View Profile
Input Video BUG
« on: April 25, 2018, 06:55:05 PM »
Hi all,

I am trying to slice a 10min 4K Video into single frames. Apparently, that is what "inport video" function does. Problem is, when I do that, the system just crashes. It eats all the RAM, it starts paging it into SSD till it fills it all up, and then the whole system crashes. When I check it in Activity Monitor, Photoscan is using up to 80GBs of "RAM". I have tried different things like do it with a 2sec 30fps video which should give me max 60 images. But, when I restart the system and look into the destination folder, there are like 140 images (90% of them being exactly the same) which makes no sense at all.

Are you aware of this? Am I doing something wrong? Is there a minor fix for it? Is it just with my setup?

- AgiSoft Profesinoal 1.4.1 build 5925 (64 bit).
- Macbook Pro 15' (Late 2017) i7-7920HQ @3.1 GHz
- AMD Radeon Pro 560 4GB
- eGPU Box with GeForce GTX 1060 4GB VRAM

I tried using the different GPUs, it crashes anyway.

I would really appreciate some help.

Thank you very much!

ArnauCM

• View Profile
Re: Input Video BUG
« Reply #1 on: April 30, 2018, 04:57:30 PM »
Nothing? Technical support? Anybody out there?  :-\

Alexey Pasumansky

• Agisoft Technical Support
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: April 30, 2018, 05:27:11 PM »
Hello ArnauCM,

We are not yet able to reproduce the problem on our side.

Which Mac OS X version you have installed at the moment?
Best regards,
Alexey Pasumansky,
Agisoft LLC

ArnauCM

• View Profile
« Reply #3 on: May 01, 2018, 04:07:19 PM »
Hi!

Thanks for the replay :)

I am using 10.13.4. I am afraid that the problem might be due to playing with eGPUs and all the workaround that still today must be done through scripts in order to make an NVIDIA eGPU work in macOS.

I suspect this because, when trying to extract frames from the same video using Video Lan Client it happens the same. Even if I use a 2 sec, 60frame max video. However, I could finally do it with Photoshop so... I am safe by now.

If official eGPU support for NVIDIA cards ever come to apple, I will make a clean install and try it again.

Alexey Pasumansky

• Agisoft Technical Support
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: May 01, 2018, 04:17:51 PM »
Hello ArnauCM,

Thanks for additional info, we'll try to reproduce the issue using external GPU on Mac OS X to see if it might be a cause of the problem.
Best regards,
Alexey Pasumansky,
Agisoft LLC