Forum

Author Topic: Background jobs  (Read 4812 times)

James

• View Profile
Background jobs
« on: May 04, 2018, 11:16:09 AM »
love the idea of background jobs!

i did a couple of tests just playing about with it and think i found may have a couple of bugs.

test/screenshot 1. i opened a psx project and started aligning images and set it to background. i then opened a psz archive project and attempted to align images. it said progress was pending but with no option to send to background. I could not then access the jobs pane to pause/abort the current background job.

test/screenshot 2. i saved the psz project as a psx. i opened the original psx project from above and started building mesh, and set to background. Then opened the new psx project (previously psz) and tried to align photos. It was pending while the other background job continued, so i set it to background and tried pausing the current background mesh job to enable the photo alignment to commence, but that didn't seem to work. It paused the mesh building, but never moved on to the next job and i was unable to change their order. Is that the expected beahviour and if so what is the purpose of the move top/bottom buttons?

thanks for continuing to add exciting new features with every update! ;D

Alexey Pasumansky

• Agisoft Technical Support
    • View Profile
Re: Background jobs
« Reply #1 on: May 07, 2018, 03:38:46 PM »
Hello James,

Currently background jobs are only available for PSX projects.

And when you press Pause button it means that the whole queue is paused, as it is not possible to have more than one project to be processing in the same PhotoScan instance, so if one job is already in progress, then another would be pending till the first one is finished or aborted.
Best regards,
Alexey Pasumansky,
Agisoft LLC