Forum

Author Topic: Best file type for large data sets from DJI Phantom & DSLR  (Read 1948 times)

3DnuTTa

• View Profile
Best file type for large data sets from DJI Phantom & DSLR
« on: June 08, 2018, 05:00:10 AM »
As the title says I have been looking for the best file type for large data sets (2000+ photos), shot with a mix of a Phantom 4 Pro & a sony A6300. I am shooting it all in RAW & was tending towards using .dng files from Adobe Raw but Photoscan seems to ignore the color corrections applied to the files. Maximum level .jpg files are almost the same size but only 8bit, other file sizes are almost 3x the size and am aware of sensor noise that will be coming through from the raw files if they don't take into account the filtering from Adobe Raw & on the other side, compression noise etc.
I am wanting to get the highest quality possible.

3DnuTTa

• View Profile
Re: Best file type for large data sets from DJI Phantom & DSLR
« Reply #1 on: June 13, 2018, 01:21:02 PM »
Anyone have any input on this?
I am tending towards .png, with .tif files I am noticing a bigger than expected variation between the origional file and the .tif

Alvaro L

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: June 14, 2018, 10:56:20 AM »
I would use PNG, which is both compressed and lossless

Alexey Pasumansky

• Agisoft Technical Support
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: June 14, 2018, 01:25:11 PM »
PNG format could lead to the loss of EXIF information, so lossless TIFF could be also considered.

Additionally, if possible, please send the example of DNG file with the unrecognized color profile.
Best regards,
Alexey Pasumansky,
Agisoft LLC