Forum

Author Topic: Import a video  (Read 17365 times)

ada

• View Profile
Import a video
« on: June 08, 2018, 11:04:30 AM »
Hello,

I've tried to import a video in .mov format, but I get an error: Error: A media resource couldn't be resolved. Do you know why I can not import that file?

Thank You for help! ;)

Dave Martin

• View Profile
Re: Import a video
« Reply #1 on: June 08, 2018, 01:04:48 PM »
Ada,
If you search on here for video import you'll see a number of threads which explain the most likely issue is that your workstation doesn't have the required video codec.
Have a search and you'll see recommendations for / links to codecs.
Dave

mikefilmguy

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: August 13, 2018, 02:48:46 AM »
Hi! Also running into this problem.  As suggested I searched and did not find the info that Dave Martin referenced.

Long time mac video person, working with PC video for the first time. I understand about codecs, however, if we can see the video in the preview player, then the codec is installed. Or am I mistaken?

I converted my H.264 codec to a PhotoJPG codec and I still got the same message.

Could it be that Photoscan on the PC side does not like Quicktime? That would be the format (or wrapper) and not necessarily the codec. I will do a test on that when I find some time, hopefully tonight.

Any other thoughts appreciated - thanks!

Michael

Alexey Pasumansky

• Agisoft Technical Support
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: August 14, 2018, 06:20:04 PM »
Hello,

Usually installing a codec-pack (such as K-lite codec pack, for example) solves the issue. Just install codecs from it, not additional utilities and shell/browser extensions.
Best regards,
Alexey Pasumansky,
Agisoft LLC