Forum

Author Topic: Blurry Portion on Finished Model  (Read 3928 times)

peterjoe13

• Peter Mercier
    • View Profile
Blurry Portion on Finished Model
« on: June 14, 2018, 08:34:07 PM »
Hey everybody, this is Peter.

I'm currently working on building a model of a human mandible. Everything goes smoothly until the very last step. I build the mesh and the texture and the model looks great...except for one spot. In a particular region, the texture is blurry. Everything around it looks fine, but there is a small enclosed section on the chin that is blurred out and has no detail.

I went through all the pictures I used to make the model and removed blurry pictures hoping that would help the problem. Which it did, the blurry spot is smaller now, but it is still there nevertheless. I'm currently rebuilding the dense cloud on high instead of medium. We will see if that helps at all.

I usually wouldn't be such a perfectionist, but this bone is from a royal tomb and I really want it to look great for future presentations and research. I can attach a picture if that helps!

If anyone has any suggestions I would really appreciate it! Thanks so much.

Peter

Alexey Pasumansky

• Agisoft Technical Support
    • View Profile
Re: Blurry Portion on Finished Model
« Reply #1 on: June 15, 2018, 01:24:18 PM »
Hello Peter,

You can place the marker or draw a shape in the problematic area (if you are using Professional edition of PhotoScan) and then filter the photos by marker/shape to check only those images that contain marker or at least one vertex of the shape. Using that you can quite fast look through all the images and see on which image the area appears blurry. Then you can mask the blurry regions on the source photos and just rebuild the texture (you can even use Keep UV option to skip texture parametrization step).
Best regards,
Alexey Pasumansky,
Agisoft LLC

peterjoe13

• Peter Mercier
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: June 19, 2018, 06:38:13 PM »
Okay, thank you. I drew a polygon around the blurry region and filtered by shape. The filter still left me with 50 or so pictures to look through, however. Let's say I was going to mask the blurry region in the source photo and rebuild the texture. How would I go about doing that?

Alexey Pasumansky

• Agisoft Technical Support
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: June 19, 2018, 07:04:54 PM »
Hello Peter,

If you find on any filtered  image the blurred are that you want to mask, you need to switch to the mask drawing instrument while in Photo view (Rectangle or Intelligent Scissors tools should be the most convenient) draw the mask contour over the area that should be masked and add selection to mask. Once done on every image that required masking, re-start Build Texture operation from the Workflow menu and use Keep UV option for Mapping mode.
Best regards,
Alexey Pasumansky,
Agisoft LLC

peterjoe13

• Peter Mercier
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: June 19, 2018, 08:10:58 PM »
okay, I did all that, but the texture keeps failing to build. Are there any other settings I should be changing?

Steve003

• View Profile
« Reply #5 on: October 25, 2021, 01:48:30 AM »
Hi Peterjoe13

did you ever solve that as I am getting lots of blurry areas with metashape in texture make, yet Photoscan did same project perfectly. though it took a lot longer.
My images dont have blurred areas, so not that which is the cause.
Steve
« Last Edit: October 26, 2021, 01:49:31 AM by Steve003 »

Wizyza

• View Profile
« Reply #6 on: January 12, 2022, 05:47:56 AM »
Hello, I figured I'd chime in here as I've been experiencing the same issue.

I've attached two screenshots: one taken in Metashape and the other in RealityCapture. If you look closely at the scale bar, in Metashape, you can see blurry patches. I've experienced no such issue in RC.

Is there a solution to this?

DmitriB

• View Profile
« Reply #7 on: February 21, 2023, 11:17:18 PM »
Hi - wondering if you have had any updates on this since your post, as I am also curious about this issue
Thanks!

Hello, I figured I'd chime in here as I've been experiencing the same issue.

I've attached two screenshots: one taken in Metashape and the other in RealityCapture. If you look closely at the scale bar, in Metashape, you can see blurry patches. I've experienced no such issue in RC.

Is there a solution to this?