Forum

Author Topic: possible to see two chunks at the same time?  (Read 2725 times)

HelloJens

• View Profile
possible to see two chunks at the same time?
« on: June 21, 2018, 12:44:44 PM »
Hi,

I'm currently trying to allign an object consisting out of two chunks with dense point clouds.  I am wondering, since

The object is an axe and pictures were taken from either side. Because of the placement of the object at the time of photography it was not possible to take pictures of both sides at the same time.

Because of that, there are very little 'overlaps' on each of the chunks the software can use to allign them with. However, geometrically speaking the object is not complex. It's mostly like a flat tapered cube.

Agisoft has not managed to correctly allign both chunks correctly so far and I am wondering if there is a way I can manually allign 'eyeball' them and then do a merge and create geometry from that?

Alexey Pasumansky

• Agisoft Technical Support
    • View Profile
Re: possible to see two chunks at the same time?
« Reply #1 on: June 21, 2018, 02:19:04 PM »
Hello HelloJens,

If you are working with the unreferenced chunks, then you can in the first chunk modify scale, rotation and position (using Scale Object, Rotate Object and Move Object tools), click on Show Aligned button on the toolbar and then switch to the second chunk and start using one of these object transformation tools. You'll see both chunks in the same coordinate space and it would be able to adjust their relative orientation manually.
Best regards,
Alexey Pasumansky,
Agisoft LLC

HelloJens

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: June 21, 2018, 03:02:40 PM »
Spasiba bolshoi Alexey. I'll give that a try!

chitty1989

• View Profile
« Reply #3 on: September 15, 2022, 05:22:54 AM »
Hey guys is it possible to have a model visible in agisoft with no cameras as well as a chunk that has cameras. 
Im trying to allign chunks with a base model, obviously the base model doesnt have any cameras so i was hoping to have both of them visible at the same time

felixgeen

• View Profile
« Reply #4 on: January 11, 2023, 06:57:56 PM »
It would be amazing if Metashape had some better tools for aligning things to world space 0,0,0, ground plane or if there was some way of selecting some points and make them the ground plane, so we can make scenes flat and not orientated in random rotations. My solution is to import a custom made grid mesh onto another chunk and then use rough guesses and tweaking to gradually bring the mesh into roughly the right alignment and it reminds me of using some software from 1995.

Metashape is an incredibly fast and powerful tool but just lacks some features that make it useful in other workflows.