Forum

Author Topic: orthophoto texture orientation and quality in version 0.90  (Read 6546 times)

RalfH

• View Profile
orthophoto texture orientation and quality in version 0.90
« on: January 06, 2013, 08:01:16 PM »
When creating orthophoto texture in PhotoScan version 0.85, it was possible to control the plane of projection by manipulating (resize and rotate) the model region. The model had to be rebuild between modifying the model region and creating the texture (which was a time-consuming hassle), but it was possible to control the plane of projection for orthophoto textures.

In version 0.90, rotating the model region still controls the orientation of model coordinate axes (this can be confirmed by looking for vertical "artifacts" in the height field model), but it does NOT influence the plane of orthophoto projection. In fact, in addition to being oriented seemingly at random, the exported orthophoto textures are mirrored! Furthermore, there are sharp but also very blurred areas in the texture, even on relatively flat areas and irrespective of model resolution.

What is going on there, and how can I get at least the same features and quality that I had in the previous version?
« Last Edit: January 07, 2013, 12:48:21 PM by RalfH »

Geo

• View Profile
Re: orthophoto texture orientation and quality in version 0.90
« Reply #1 on: October 10, 2013, 06:19:29 PM »
Hello Ralph or anyone else,

I am having the same orthophoto export result as you mention.  I have excellent ground control points (up to 2 pixel error max).  I export a 3DPDF and it looks fine.  I export an orthophoto and it is incorrectly mirrored (looks flipped 180 degrees or backwards).  I have never had this problem before.

I need to deliver the ortho to a client.  I would appreciate any solution you can offer.

I am using Agisoft Pro Version 0.9.1 build (1703) (64bit)

Thank you,
Jim

Alexey Pasumansky

• Agisoft Technical Support
    • View Profile
Re: orthophoto texture orientation and quality in version 0.90
« Reply #2 on: October 11, 2013, 01:34:09 AM »
Hello Jim,

Please check that the Z-axis in the chunk coordinate system (in the Model view) is not inverted, otherwise you may have X and Y columns mixed in the Ground Control pane. Please also make sure that you are exporting in Geographic and not in Planar projection.
Best regards,
Alexey Pasumansky,
Agisoft LLC