Forum

Author Topic: understanding camera position and rotation on xml  (Read 2829 times)

nopaixx

• View Profile
understanding camera position and rotation on xml
« on: July 09, 2018, 07:26:46 PM »
I'm thinking about buying the professional license, it seems that Agisoft is a very good software, but I need help in my experiment.

1.-Upload equirectangular photos (calibration->Spherical camera)
2.-Align Photos (they seem to line up correctly)
3.-Build Dense Cloud
4.-Build Mesh
5.-Build Textures
6.-Export Cameras

So far, so good,
It is necessary to obtain the position and rotation of each camera. But I don't quite understand the XML generator file.
The resulting file is like file attached

Alexey Pasumansky

• Agisoft Technical Support
    • View Profile
Re: understanding camera position and rotation on xml
« Reply #1 on: July 16, 2018, 02:20:47 PM »
Hello nopaixx,

transformation sub-sections for cameras contain 4x4 matrix that defined the camera rotation (3x3 matrix) and location in the internal coordinate system space.

If you apply 4x4 transformation matrix from the right from chunk section to these matrices, you'll get the coordinates in the geocentric system, so if you wish to get the coordinates in WGS84 system you need also to apply the coordinate system information (to project) to the product of matrices multiplication.

Probably, the easier way for your needs could be cameras export in omega, phi, kappa format or even just saving the estimated coordinates of the cameras from the Reference pane.
Best regards,
Alexey Pasumansky,
Agisoft LLC

nopaixx

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: July 16, 2018, 06:34:23 PM »
Thanks Alexey

As you said we finally got for exporting the omega phi kappa file(works fine)

we're moving on to the experiment. (see attached images). After that we try to export or camera aligments to threejs. The problem we're encountering is that we need a constant coordinate system. But in every model is different, is there a way to fix it in agisoft?
« Last Edit: July 16, 2018, 06:38:18 PM by nopaixx »

Alexey Pasumansky

• Agisoft Technical Support
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: July 16, 2018, 08:39:49 PM »
Hello nopaixx,

Are the markers related to the same real-world points in these two projects?

If so, then I would say that there are alignment issues or some marker projections are placed incorrectly.
Best regards,
Alexey Pasumansky,
Agisoft LLC