Forum

Author Topic: ORTHOMOSAICO LEAVES WITH POOR COLORS  (Read 1962 times)

ajpancha

• View Profile
ORTHOMOSAICO LEAVES WITH POOR COLORS
« on: July 12, 2018, 05:22:35 PM »
Greetings to all, I am dabbling little by little in the area of the use of drones for the creation of ortomosaics, but the ortomosaic comes out with poor colors, I would like to see a little more color, for example a little more green, to better differentiate the vegetation, etc.

In PHOTOSCAN there is some option in which the quality of the ortomosaic can be improved, improve the contrast, saturation, etc ?? or that can be done with third programs, and if so, what program do you recommend for it?

I have seen other orthomosaics in which the colors look more vivid and the product looks very good, and I would like to generate products in that way, although I am not sure if my flow is correct ...

To generate the ortomosaic, use drone DJI PHANTOM 3 PRO, at a flight height of 60m.

Thank you in advance for your comments and to have a clear idea about the colors of the ortomosaic, thank you very much ...

Atte

ajpancha

• View Profile
Re: ORTHOMOSAICO LEAVES WITH POOR COLORS
« Reply #1 on: July 19, 2018, 06:41:00 PM »
Greetings, I give a feedback to my exposed subject, just in case it could be useful for other colleagues ...

So far in the program AGISOFT PHOTOSCAN to generate the orthomosaic, I still see the img with low colors, I have not found options within the program to improve the quality of colors, and if I export this orthomosaic to kmz to be able to view it in GOOGLE EARTH , as I still see with low colors, I would not know how to improve colors from photoscan ...

Now, if I visualize the ortomosaic from ARCGIS, the colors are seen more lit, more vivid, just what I wanted to see in photoscan and could not, then, I proceeded to export again the ortomosaic from arcgis in tiff format, and the result is with the desired colors, more lit ...

So until now this procedure would be a temporary solution to my problem, I'm not sure if the procedure is correct or if exporting again from arcgis, affecting or causing loss of metadata within the exported ortomosaic for the second time, although it drops very little resolution (depending on the dpi) ...

I would be very grateful if you could give me your comments about my procedure and that you could recommend me to have a more effective and correct solution ...

Thank you in advance for the comments ...

Atte.

SAV

• View Profile
Re: ORTHOMOSAICO LEAVES WITH POOR COLORS
« Reply #2 on: July 20, 2018, 06:19:35 AM »
Hi ajpancha,

According to your screenshot, the color is already poor in the original imagery. I assume it's (partly) due to the fact that you didn't use the correct White Balance setting (e.g., sunny, cloudy, etc) when acquiring the imagery.

If you have been shooting in RAW, you can change the White Balance in post processing without any loss of 'information'.

If you just want to increase the brightness of the orthomosaic, then you can do that directly in PhotoScan (TOOLS > SET BRIGHTNESS).

All the best.

Regards,
SAV