Forum

Author Topic: Using pictures with different sizes in the same project?  (Read 2308 times)

Dukytony

• View Profile
Using pictures with different sizes in the same project?
« on: July 24, 2018, 11:47:31 PM »
Hi,

I was wondering if I could use pictures with different sizes/resolutions (same camera and focal lenght) in the same project or it will mess with the results?

Thanks a lot

PROBERT1968

• Hello !
    • View Profile
Re: Using pictures with different sizes in the same project?
« Reply #1 on: July 25, 2018, 04:26:07 AM »
Can you give us more specific what pictures ?

SAV

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: July 25, 2018, 09:00:46 AM »
Hi Dukytony,

Should work. You'll end up with a number of different camera calibrations though. Photoscan will do this automatically based on the EXIF info. For example, if you use the same camera & focal length but different resolutions, then you will get a new camera calibration added to the list for each resolution. The same is true if you change the focal length or if you change the camera; it just adds another camera calibration to the list (see TOOLS > CAMERA CALIBRATION).

However, for best possible results you should shoot the entire session using the same camera, focal length and resolutions to end up with a single camera calibration.

All the best.

Regards,
SAV

smescarzaga

• View Profile
« Reply #3 on: September 16, 2018, 05:47:36 AM »
Hi Sav,
I'd like to follow up with this issue:
I'm working with manned-aircraft image data from a high-end survey camera (Applanix). Surveys were flown with nadir, and forward and aft oblique photos. On-board GPS/IMU gives me survey grade positions and omega/phi/kappa. However, the obliques that were delivered are of a different size (7212 x 5408 for obliques @ 72 dpi and 10328 x 7760 for nadir @ 96 dpi). In doing some testing, I've decided to process the obliques with the nadirs as there not a huge amount of overlap among just nadirs and, curiously, I'm getting much more realistic elevation values by combining obliques with nadirs. Thus I'm using the same camera calibration across both datasets (0.0052 x 0.0052 pixel size (mm) and 51.542 focal length (mm)).

What you're saying here is that that should be ok...?

Thanks.