Forum

Author Topic: Update altitude function  (Read 4014 times)

scottrea

• View Profile
Update altitude function
« on: July 25, 2018, 06:07:45 PM »
This function is in the right click menu in ortho view. Now it is grayed out when multiple shapes are selected.

I believe this worked in previous versions.

Alexey Pasumansky

• Agisoft Technical Support
    • View Profile
Re: Update altitude function
« Reply #1 on: July 25, 2018, 06:12:35 PM »
Hello scottrea,

"Update altitudes" option may be inactive if there's no DEM available. Then there's no way to get the altitude information for shapes.
Best regards,
Alexey Pasumansky,
Agisoft LLC

scottrea

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: July 25, 2018, 06:58:33 PM »
DEM is definitely present. I am able to run the function when I select one shape.

Alexey Pasumansky

• Agisoft Technical Support
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: July 25, 2018, 07:26:08 PM »
Hello scottrea,

I am not observing such behavior in PhotoScan Pro 1.4.3 build 6529. Can you please check that you are using the latest version, if so, then maybe there are any special conditions in order to reproduce the issue?
Best regards,
Alexey Pasumansky,
Agisoft LLC

bmanwithab

• View Profile
« Reply #4 on: October 13, 2021, 09:27:53 PM »
So because this topic has so many reads, I am assuming some people had the same problem with updating the altitude for shape files.  Everything is there in the file including a DEM.  The shapefile is imported and when you hit UPDATE ALTITUDE, it does nothing.
The resolution for me was to go to DEM or ORTHO, select the shape file, right click and select MEASURE.  It will show you if all the points in the shape file have an altitude.  In my case, one point did not have a DEM altitude.  This caused Metashape to not UPDATE ALTITUDE because one point out of 45 was not on the DEM. 
Resolution was to either move the point on to the DEM or adjust the region in the workflow to make sure that area is processed so the KML overlay was completely on the DEM.

Anyways, after a month of several maps doing this, I can now go back and fix them all. 
Good luck out there, be safe! 
« Last Edit: October 13, 2021, 09:29:24 PM by bmanwithab »