Forum

Author Topic: Irregularities in created DEM  (Read 1066 times)

Rob_Halpin

• View Profile
Irregularities in created DEM
« on: August 13, 2018, 06:30:40 PM »
Hey,

I'm new to Agisoft and model making and I've been trying to create a DEM of 1km^2 area. I used ~5000 images taken from a drone when aligning the photos and then reduced this number to ~900 when creating the dense point cloud.

Everything seemed to work fine, but following dense cloud creation, several areas in my study area ended up with raised elevations which do not represent the actual topography of the area (see attached image). This is a particular issue for the area between GCP 10 and 11, as well as the area between GCP 17 and 19 - as elevated islands have been created with seemingly sheer cliff faces surrounding them.

Is there any way of resolving this using agisoft? I don't have the option of revisiting the site to retake images.

I'm thinking of selecting and removing the effected areas and subsequently filling the holes which are left. Would this be the right way to go about resolving the issue?

Thanks,
Rob

Alexey Pasumansky

• Agisoft Technical Support
    • View Profile
Re: Irregularities in created DEM
« Reply #1 on: August 16, 2018, 07:15:12 PM »
Hello Rob,

Can you please share the report file exported from this project?
Best regards,
Alexey Pasumansky,
Agisoft LLC

Rob_Halpin

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: August 16, 2018, 07:52:04 PM »
The report is too large to attach to a message on this forum. Is there another way to share the document?

Alexey Pasumansky

• Agisoft Technical Support
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: August 19, 2018, 07:45:13 PM »
Hello Rob,

You can send the report to support@agisoft.com, please include the link to this thread in the message body.
Best regards,
Alexey Pasumansky,
Agisoft LLC