Forum

Author Topic: .slpk Export Not Displaying Properly - Missing Pyramids?  (Read 2099 times)

edmund

• View Profile
.slpk Export Not Displaying Properly - Missing Pyramids?
« on: August 14, 2018, 05:52:09 PM »
Hello Agisoft Friends,

I have been testing the capabilities of Photoscan Pro using the trial license, and am considering buying multiple licenses for my company.  I am very happy with your product, and I find it far superior to all other comparable platforms, however there is one major setback that I hope someone here can help me work around. Then I know I can commit to purchasing licenses.

I work with esri products and I inquired to them about how their platforms read .slpk files. I found that ArcGIS Pro is reading from the contained .jpeg textures, while ArcGIS Online (AGO) is reading the compressed textures from the dds file.

I need the tiled model to be compatible with AGO and their I3s specifications that require compressed textures to contain pyramids.  As far as I can see, the main problem is that the .slpks' associated dds file has the dxt texture file, but is missing the pyramids for the texture, and once the slpk file is created there is no way to create the pyramids after that.
Am I correct?  Is there an option or setting that allows the .slpk export to include pyramids? 
(Please see google drive link to the .slpk file in question and screenshots of the problem below)

It is a situation when I try and add the .slpk file to "My Scene" in AGO .  (See Attachment)

I opened the same file in ArcGis Pro, and was able to view it and it displayed very nicely as a 3D map, however when I load it into AGO the resulting model is very strange looking, built with irregular shaped polygons, and the surface (texture) is a repeating image collage from a section of the model.  The location is correct, the "measure" tool is giving accurate measurements and the shape of features in the model are accurate ( for example the shape of the farm is clearly identifiable: See attachment) so it appears there is no problem with the geographic elements of the file.

Any thoughts?
Is there a foreseeable fix for this? 

The slpk file in question and file of screenshots of problem can be found here:
https://drive.google.com/drive/folders/1tYwjG8Y5ILid2O94f2h9FVVol5Hyo_R3

Thank you for any help and let me know if need more information.

Alexey Pasumansky

• Agisoft Technical Support
    • View Profile
Re: .slpk Export Not Displaying Properly - Missing Pyramids?
« Reply #1 on: August 16, 2018, 07:14:17 PM »
Hello edmund,

Thank you for reporting.

We'll check the provided data and inform you about our results.
Best regards,
Alexey Pasumansky,
Agisoft LLC

Alexey Pasumansky

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: August 19, 2018, 07:09:06 PM »
Hello edmund,

I have sent a PM to you with the example of the scene to try. Let me know, if it works properly, unlike the output from the actual release version.
Best regards,
Alexey Pasumansky,
Agisoft LLC

edmund

• View Profile
« Reply #3 on: August 20, 2018, 05:45:28 PM »
Hi Alexey,

Thanks for the help on this.  I loaded the provided hanoverfixed- slpk to test.

The initial problem I inquired about seems to be resolved ( regarding the strange photo collage texture), however with this file there is a different issue that appears. 

When I zoom out at around 1:1500 meters and beyond, the model area looks complete or "whole",  but as soon as I start to zoom in past that point, the model breaks into an irregular shaped polygon with many sharp edges, resembling a star  shape (See attached file with screenshot)   

Also, the entire model area, is "inset" in the scene.  It seems like the models base is beneath the surface in the scene layer, but that might just be a vertical coordinate setting that needs adjusted.  I am not sure about this either, Any thoughts?

Though the vertical axis is off, the horizontal (x,y) coordinates seem to be right on.   

Thanks for the help and any additional info.

Alexey Pasumansky

• View Profile
« Reply #4 on: August 20, 2018, 08:00:15 PM »
Hello edmund,

The tiled export has been performed using outer boundary of the random star shape that is shown on the second screeshot on the more detailed zoom level. The first screenshot is of the lower zoom level, so the model on this level is not detailed enough for displaying of the boundary shape.
Best regards,
Alexey Pasumansky,
Agisoft LLC

edmund

• View Profile
« Reply #5 on: August 21, 2018, 08:22:07 PM »
Alexey,

Thank you for helping me with this.. 
I was able to load the .slpk file with v1.4.4 and the problem is fixed! 
Im not sure what you did, but it is working nicely now!

Thank you very much for your help!
Cheers!

Charles E

Alexey Pasumansky

• View Profile
« Reply #6 on: August 21, 2018, 08:45:44 PM »
Hello Charles,

Thank you for letting us know. Then the fix will be included to the public release version of 1.4.4.
Best regards,
Alexey Pasumansky,
Agisoft LLC