Forum

Author Topic: Filter photos by marker - problem  (Read 6631 times)

adam_s

• View Profile
Filter photos by marker - problem
« on: August 20, 2018, 01:31:36 PM »
Hello,

In Agisoft 1.4.3 filter photos by marker function doesn't work for unchecked marker. I am convinced that this function worked for both types of markers in the previous version of Agisoft. This is very troublesome, because after the distribution of points on Check / Control I do not know if the unchecked marker is outside the test area.

I hope this is a bug, not the functionality introduced in the new version of the software.

Best regards,
Adam
« Last Edit: August 20, 2018, 01:38:23 PM by adam_s »

Alexey Pasumansky

• Agisoft Technical Support
    • View Profile
Re: Filter photos by marker - problem
« Reply #1 on: August 20, 2018, 02:17:54 PM »
Hello Adam,

If there are no projections for the marker that you are using to filter the photos (no blue/green flags for it on the images) then the position of the marker in space can be only done based on the Source coordinate values from the Reference, providing that the marker is checked on in the pane.
Best regards,
Alexey Pasumansky,
Agisoft LLC

adam_s

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: August 20, 2018, 02:41:08 PM »
Hi,

I'm not sure if you understand the case well ... in my topic i described the following situation:

1) I imported coordinates of check/control points from the reference pane. During import, checking/unchecking markers were performed automatically based on markers' name ('CHK' were unchecked for example).
2) Then i  want to place marker in the photo.  If the marker is checked, "Filter photos by marker" works great. Unfortunately, in case of check points (unchecked markers) there is no result of filter photos by marker. This is very troublesome, because i don't know if the unchecked marker is out of test area.
3) In this case, i should check marker, filter photos by marker, place marker in photos and then again uncheck this marker. (I am convinced that this function worked for both types of markers in the previous version of Agisoft. Am i right?)

Alexey Pasumansky

• Agisoft Technical Support
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: August 20, 2018, 07:11:42 PM »
Hello Adam,

Filter Photos by Marker leaves in the Photos pane only those markers that either have marker projection indicated by blue or green flag, or are "seen" from the corresponding camera. In the latter case the 3D location of the marker is projected on the aligned cameras and if it fits the image frame, then the "grey flag" appears and the image is shown in the Photos pane after applying the filter.

The 3D location of the marker exists also in two cases:
-  marker has coordinate information in the Reference pane and is checked on in the pane,
-  marker has at least two projections on the images from the aligned subset.

So if the marker doesn't have more than one projections defined on the aligned images, then it's 3D position would be undefined in case it is unchecked in the Reference pane and therefore the filtering by marker option wouldn't work.
Best regards,
Alexey Pasumansky,
Agisoft LLC