Forum

Author Topic: Floating Scene Problem: Can't change vert. datum-"Vertical Datum is Unavailable"  (Read 2254 times)

edmund

• View Profile
Hello Agisoft Community!

When I export my .slpk file and import it into ArcGIS Pro, it displays "hovering" above the basemap in the 3D scene layer. 
The Lat and Long axes are correct but the z axis needs adjusted. 

I cannot seem to do this "shift" along the z axis in Arc PRO, so that it will "sit" properly on top of the base map..
So I thought if I change the reference settings before I export, could this move the model along the z axis? 

I fly the DJI Phantom 4 Pro and when I load the photos into PS, I notice that "WGS 84" is the default Coordinate System.

I was able to successfully change the predetermined Geographic Coordinate System from "WGS 84" to "WGS 84 + EGM96 height" and when I did this, it shifted the model from hovering above the base map to sinking below the base map after I changed it.  (See attached Photo)

So I tried to experiment with using other Projected Coordinate Systems such as:
"NAD 83 / Pennsylvania North (ftUS) + NAVD88 (ftUS) (EPSG::8773) and others, but whenever I select these,

I get the following message:

"Selected vertical datum is unavailable.  Please configure datum transformation."

I researched this but I couldn't find how to configure the datum transformation? or how to make this projected coordinate system available so that I can try and fix this problem with the floating scene layer?

I am hung up on this process.  Does anyone have any thoughts about this?

Thank you!

Alexey Pasumansky

• Agisoft Technical Support
    • View Profile
Hello edmund,

Are you using latest 1.4.4 version from Downloads page?
Best regards,
Alexey Pasumansky,
Agisoft LLC

Phogi

• View Profile
Hi Alexey,

I'm downloading the new 1.4.4 version and saw the same problem, I put the geid file under /ProtoScan Pro/geoids folder. Is it changed to some new route?

Thanks!

Phogi

• View Profile
Hi Alexey,

Ah sorry I found the geoid file I downloaded are having a problem, redownloaded and it works. Also I found it works under NAD83 (2011) but not on NAD83. Just a possible bug report but generally it works now.

Thanks!

Alexey Pasumansky

• Agisoft Technical Support
    • View Profile
Hello Phogi,

Which geoid file have you downloaded and which compound coordinate system is selected?
Best regards,
Alexey Pasumansky,
Agisoft LLC