Forum

Author Topic: Dense Cloud editing interface thoughts  (Read 1839 times)

andyroo

• View Profile
Dense Cloud editing interface thoughts
« on: September 11, 2018, 11:28:30 PM »
Apologies if this post duplicates others. Editing on a network-isolated machine and posting from my phone.

Using a standard mouse with scroll wheel, it would be nice if I could press the scroll wheel button while using the selection tool and instead of doing the same as the right mouse button (pan), it would function like the left button does in navigation mode (rotate).

Alternatively, or in addition, I would like it if I could switch between navigation and selection tool (or tools) with hotkeys.

Also, I really like the options in tools > dense cloud > select points by color, but if this tool were expanded to work from the context menu on selected points (with all options except color enabled) I think it would be even more amazing.

In other words, right now I can choose tolerance and whether to select by any combination of r,g,b,H,S,V. If I could select a sample population of points (like surf or water or vegetation) and expand that selection by choosing a tolerance to apply around my selected population, that tool would be even more useful than it is.

Andy

JMR

• View Profile
Re: Dense Cloud editing interface thoughts
« Reply #1 on: September 16, 2018, 08:07:00 PM »
Alternatively, or in addition, I would like it if I could switch between navigation and selection tool (or tools) with hotkeys.
Try space bar.
Your suggestion about using a selection as a colour sampling technique replacement of the existing eyedrop color picker, sounds interesting, but, how would you establish the colour value if the selection surely contains many diferent colours (green leaves and brown branches and soil, etc)? average RGB?
Regards,
GEOBIT

andyroo

• View Profile
Re: Dense Cloud editing interface thoughts
« Reply #2 on: September 26, 2018, 11:09:40 PM »
I think for the context that I'm using it (removing water or green veg points) if the tool applied a specified tolerance to each RGB value in the set of selected pixels to expand the selection to the whole point cloud that would be ideal. Essentially it would be a batch select-by-color function, with the explicit assumption that your pre-selected set of pixels closely represented what you wanted to select in the rest of the cloud.

Oh, and thanks for the tip on the space bar! :-)