Forum

Author Topic: Obtaining pixel coordinates in orthophoto  (Read 2431 times)

dgriffiths3

• View Profile
Obtaining pixel coordinates in orthophoto
« on: September 12, 2018, 12:35:50 PM »
I am looking for a way to find where a given 2D image pixel coordinate is represented on the orthophoto.

For example, say I have a building in an image and I have the bounding box coordinates of the building in the image. Then I create an orthophoto. How can I find what the bounding box coordinates will be in the orthophoto. I suppose all these transformations are available at some point during the orthorectification process?

I have found a script that can give me for each pixel in the image it's 3D coordinates on the mesh. However, I would ideally not have to create a mesh as the end result should be on an orthomosiac.

Thanks!

Alexey Pasumansky

• Agisoft Technical Support
    • View Profile
Re: Obtaining pixel coordinates in orthophoto
« Reply #1 on: September 12, 2018, 07:29:40 PM »
Hello dgriffiths3,

So basically speaking you need a custom Python function that will return 3D coordinates of the point by defining 2D image coordinates on the certain aligned photo?
Best regards,
Alexey Pasumansky,
Agisoft LLC

dgriffiths3

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: October 04, 2018, 12:50:08 AM »
Hi sorry for the late reply! I am not exactly looking for 3D coordinates. What I was hoping for is... for a given pixel in a 2D image used in a reconstruction, where is that pixel located on the resulting orthomosaic?

If this doesn't quite make sense I can make a graphic to explain.

Thanks!

dgriffiths3

• View Profile
« Reply #3 on: October 23, 2018, 11:49:40 AM »
Bump... does anyone know if this is possible?